Sr. Front-end engineer
About the role
Bento is hiring a senior front-end engineer to own critical parts of our user-facing product. You'll be working with our CTO and another front-end engineer, along with our CEO (former PM). As a small team, this is a critical and high impact role in a fast moving environment. Our ideal teammate moves quickly, enjoys the full span of engaging with users, defining product UX, architecting, and implementing to learn and validate product value.
- Build new product features including:
- Our library of embeddable web components rendered inside our customer's apps
- Our low-code onboarding guide builder & rich text editor
- Optimize our UI and JS bundle sizes for a seamless and delightful end user experience in our customers' applications
- As an early member of our technical staff, shape how we think about engineering culture, tech innovation and scalability, as well as help grow our team.
Skills & experiences
Front-end web familiarity and ideally exposure to early stage startup life
- 3-5+ years of modern front-end engineering experience.
- Familiarity with our front-end stack: TypeScript, React, Relay Modern, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Slate.js.
- Extremely valuable if you've worked with rich text editor libraries such as Slate.js.
- Really helpful if you've worked at a B2B software company, or otherwise have experience building software at a fast growing startup.
Go the extra mile for a polished user experience
- You are able to intuitively empathize with the end user experience across usability and delight
- Passion for crafting robust and performant software
- You love to ship quickly and are pragmatic around tradeoffs
- You're an effective communicator and responsive both synchronously and asynchronously
- You relish a fast-paced environment, but know it's important to bring people along and engage a wide set of perspectives
- Personal growth is important to you: you have a clear idea of how and where you want to grow, and are excited about being in an environment that enables growth with feedback, opportunities and ownership.
Why you should join Bento
Bento is customer onboarding as a service for B2B SaaS companies. We believe in a world where great businesses are built on the backs of innovative products and the ability for customers to repeatedly get value out of those products. Concepts like "time-to-value" are increasingly important – not just for the customer, but for the business and software teams.
Even initial "onboarding" or "implementation" is just the tip of the iceberg. We rally around a vision of everboarding.
Our team has decades of collective experience in building onboarding and adoption workflows. We also have deep empathy with the internal Success and Growth teams who have limited resources in experimenting with and shaping these product experiences.
That's why we're building Bento, to give modern software companies the system to design engaging and collaborative adoption workflows, without needing to build or maintain it in-house.