Founding product designer at Bento
About the role
Bento is hiring a product designer to shape the the foundation of our product from core features to our visual identity. We believe that great design shapes not just what we build, but how we approach building, and therefore want to invest in this role day 1.
👋 This role
- As the founding product designer, this role plays a critical part in shaping our product direction and the user experience.
- You'll own user research, our design language and systems, and be responsible for designing our product – from major product features, to the interactions that leave users smiling.
- Stretch your wings: from brand to marketing design, we're excited for you to own as much as you can handle (though not required).
- We're a small team so you'll work with everyone, including our founders on Product and our engineers on execution.
- This role is remote, and open to anyone working within EST and PST timezones. However, if you're in SF we collaborate 2 days a week in person.
As part of an early stage team, you'll sometimes wear multiple hats including working with our customers. We think the best team members view this as fun and an opportunity for impact.
📝 Skills & cultural fit
Relevant startup experience
- 3+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
- Have experience designing for business and developer-focused products
- Familiar with working in small teams at early stage startups
Elegantly reduce complexity
- Bento is a powerful product that can scale to a multitude of use cases and journeys. The right product designer for Bento is someone who can see the underlying systems and present them in an intuitive yet flexible way.
- You thrive in an iterative environment and value incorporating real customer usage into design.
- You're an effective communicator and responsive both synchronously and asynchronously
- You relish a fast-paced environment, but know it's important to bring people along and engage a wide set of perspectives
- Personal growth is important to you: you have a clear idea of how and where you want to grow, and are excited about being in an environment that enables growth with feedback, opportunities and ownership.
Why you should join Bento
Bento is customer onboarding as a service for B2B SaaS companies. We believe in a world where great businesses are built on the backs of innovative products and the ability for customers to repeatedly get value out of those products. Concepts like "time-to-value" are increasingly important – not just for the customer, but for the business and software teams.
Even initial "onboarding" or "implementation" is just the tip of the iceberg. We rally around a vision of everboarding.
Our team has decades of collective experience in building onboarding and adoption workflows. We also have deep empathy with the internal Success and Growth teams who have limited resources in experimenting with and shaping these product experiences.
That's why we're building Bento, to give modern software companies the system to design engaging and collaborative adoption workflows, without needing to build or maintain it in-house.