Senior React Native Engineer at Betterhalf
About the role
Betterhalf is on a mission to help Indians find their match with single-click matching. With 1.2M+ users and a presence in every city in India, our reach is expansive — and we’re rapidly growing users (50% quarter over quarter).
This year, we'd like to become the 3rd largest matrimony player this year in India and make our path to No.1. There’s never been a more exciting time to be a BetterHalf.
Betterhalf is one of the fastest growing YC backed companies in India. In the last 9-months, we have grown from $10K monthly revenue to $85K monthly revenue (Around $1M annual revenue) at 30% MoM growth. We have seen over a million matches and a thousand couples get married through our app.
Web product: https://betterhalf.ai/ Android Mobile app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.betterhalf iOS Mobile app: https://apps.apple.com/in/app/betterhalf-ai/id1438203766
Job Description/ Responsibilities: We are looking for a Senior React Native Engineer. You will be responsible for architecting and developing mobile app in React Native (Android/iOS). You will be joining a talented, collaborative team that is very passionate about solving this massive problem.
Below is a list of several skills required to deliver on responsibilities for this role: Minimum 2+ years of experience in React Native/ React development Should be able to write reusable, testable, and efficient code. Should be able to design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and high-performance applications. Architect & design technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions
- You must have experience in deploying Android/iOS apps previously on playstore/Appstore.
- You should be able to build pixel-perfect, amazingly smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React 5. Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
If you always thought of yourself as entrepreneurial, customer obsessed, results-oriented, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about technology, we have a dream opportunity to back yourself up.
Compensation: Cash and stocks for U.S company (to be discussed on a case to case basis)
Why should you reach out? If you are looking to build and contribute to the mission of building the next generation matrimony product for urban Indians, please reach out. We're super thrilled to partner and make you succeed.
Why you should join Betterhalf
Betterhalf.ai serves a single purpose - create a secure place for the individuals who are #LookingToSettle and willing to #TakeTheCharge to find a compatible life partner of their own choice, at their own pace; without the direct intervention of parents.