Senior Product Manager
About the role
Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17) is looking for a Product Manager / Sr. Product Manager to lead and manage the prenatal product line (UNITY products). In addition to the two products on the market, we are preparing the launch of the category-defining new product later this year. This role will own the entire product roadmap for the prenatal product portfolio for the end-to-end user experience (clinical test and software apps).
If you have experience in launching digital health/genetics-related products, are obsessed with delivering a delightful customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this would be a perfect opportunity for you.
- Understand the market and design a winning product concept: As the product owner, you need to be Number 1 expert within the company about the user needs and desires, the market, and how our technology assets can solve their problems.
- Plan and execute product launch strategies: Understand and plan for every element that touches the product launch, including the core clinical assay, the user-facing software apps, the internal workflow, regulatory and legal constraints, and requirements, marketing and PR, etc. Work with a wide range of departments to execute on the product launch.
- End-to-end user experience: Our product is not just the genetic testing panel but the entire experience of ordering a test, sending the blood sample, and receiving the result. You are responsible for designing and delivering the most seamless and delightful user experience for the entire process, together with a UX designer and other stakeholders.
- Program management: You are responsible for getting the product to the finish line by mobilizing relevant internal and external resources. This can involve many elements of general project and program management tasks such as draft timelines, organize meetings, get stakeholders to agree on a solution, source external vendors, etc.
- Continuous iterations and improvements: As the product owner, you are the biggest advocate for the users. You are responsible for monitoring the users' voice and behaviors, the key metrics, and key market trends for the product-line and identify areas of improvement.
- 5-10 years of experience in product management (title & compensation commensurate with experience)
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and product requirements
- Experience with launching a product from start to finish
- Experience working with diverse teams to gather requirements and rally them to get a complex product launched
- Experience with launching and managing clinical genetic testing products is a huge plus.
MBA or another advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in an engineering or biology-related field is a plus.
Why you should join BillionToOne
BillionToOne has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. We are the only technology platform that can detect single-gene disorders in an unborn baby from maternal blood and that can accurately quantify copy number variation (CNV) changes in cancer patients. Our first product, UNITY, is the only NIPT that accurately detects single gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis and sickle cell in the baby from a blood test of the mother. UNITY covers all inherited disorders that every pregnancy needs to be tested for and has 98.5%+ sensitivity and 99%+ specificity.
BillionToOne has recently raised a large Series A funding from global institutional investors, including from Hummingbird Ventures, NeoTribe Ventures and Y Combinator: https://www.genomeweb.com/molecular-diagnostics/prenatal-testing-firm-billiontoone-closes-15m-series-financing
Check out a simplified introduction to our technology and its potential to transform molecular diagnostics: