Founding Full-Stack Engineer at Biodock
About the role
ℹ️ About the Position
Biodock runs AI bioanalysis in the cloud, which users access through our dashboard. We are expanding functionality to process, visualize, and analyze data within our dynamic app, and looking for talented engineers to own the application and drive development with backend engineers from the ground up.
This position says founding engineer. We really mean that. We're a team of 4 plus 2 contractors right now (5/6 are software engineers), so you'd be one of the first engineers and make a massive impact. You'd build critical features from the ground up, and deliver 5x faster than you have at previous jobs. We're looking for someone who is serious about building, and who can wear many hats.
We just hired some amazing engineers - full-stack engineer from Facebook and an ML/backend engineer from Pinterest - work with the best!
🔨 What you'll do
- Take full ownership of our Biodock's platform, all the way to deploys, monitoring, debugging, and overall reliability.
- Help power and run the infrastructure that makes our distributed system tick.
- Work together with full stack, backend, and ML engineers.
- Be exposed to every level of the company, working closely with the CEO to meet business goals and working off customer feedback.
🙋 Who you are
- You’re comfortable with exploring and building a mature application, with 4+ years of industry experience. Or you're just 3X smarter than others.
- You have experience in areas such as distributed systems, image data processing, and performance measurement and optimization.
- You're a wizard at React, Node, and backend Python.
- Big, big bonus points for DevOps experience (Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS) and/or Docker. Small bonus points for mypy, AI/ML libraries.
- You have a strong background in computer science with a degree in CS or a related field.
- You are passionate about writing high-impact code and are willing to learn new technologies.
- You want to work at a top VC-backed company at the earliest stage to help build things from the ground up.
- You're flexible, trustworthy, energetic, and a great communicator
- You live in or are willing to make the move to Austin, Texas, where our home office is located.
- Competitive pay and equity compensation
- Competitive medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- 401k account option
- Unlimited vacation/sick leave
- Developer fundamentals: work Macbook Pro, standing desk, headphones/huge monitor/peripherals, office amenities.
- Modern productivity software: Linear (task management), Notion, Airtable, Basecamp, Miro
Why you should join Biodock
Biodock is a cutting-edge, seed-stage bio AI startup backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator (seed blog post here). We are building the future of AI cloud computing for microscopy images, NGS sequencing data, and more. Advances in our technology translate directly to advances in disease understanding and treatment. We give our product for free to academic scientists as part of our mission to accelerate research around the world.