At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
Are you a strategic thinker who wants to be a key player at a fast growing, world-changing company in the next 2-4 years? If so, you might be a great fit for BioRender’s Sales Director!
We are looking for a Sales Director to lead our growing team of Mid-Market Account Executives and help drive BioRender through the next phase of growth. You will play a key role in coaching this highly motivated team to achieve individual, team, and organizational goals. You'll be working side by side with our Sales Leadership team to strategically design and scale our playbooks to drive revenue growth.
The right candidate should have a proven track record of guiding successful teams toward new business opportunities and their short and long-term visions. You have influenced major sales initiatives and improvements for companies you have worked with. You’re known for your outstanding coaching skills, and you’re comfortable working in environments where you have creative control to make things happen!
You will be successful in this role with:
- Strong coaching capabilities: You have a natural ability to mentor and support others to be successful. You are comfortable leading by example on the phone or on the floor at future trade shows and events.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability: You are obsessed with results and have a strong ability to seek innovative solutions to complex problems encountered in SaaS sales.
- Detail-oriented and data-focused approach: You are someone who is always looking for ways to improve and scale sales strategies, outreaches and playbooks.
- Build a winning culture by mentoring a team of motivated and diverse individuals through weekly one-on-ones and fostering an environment of success
- Lead and motivate your team to achieve and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual targets through a high velocity inbound and outbound sales motion
- Hire, empower, mentor new Mid-Market Account Executives as we scale the business and company
- Create and build upon existing best practices for maximizing pipeline creation, deal strategy development, forecasting accuracy, and CRM hygiene
- Dive into sales metrics, track team performance and present forecasts to Sales Leadership to help shape the strategic direction of the team
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Success, Product and other internal teams to continue to improve and iterate on what’s required to succeed
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience managing high-performing Account Executives in B2B SaaS Sales
- 10+ years of SaaS sales experience with strong performance and career progression
- Proven track record of leading successful and consistently over-performing sales teams
- A passion for coaching/developing world class talent and growing the team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Prior life sciences experience and/or Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent is a plus (e.g. within the fields of life science including biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, etc)
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We're proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.