Head of Customer Success at BioRender
About the role
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery.
As our first Head of Customer Success, you’ll refine our CS processes and implement systems and software to enable rapid scaling. You’ll also lead, manage, and grow a team of A-player CSMs to best in class results.
Our ideal fit
- Significant success as an enterprise SaaS CSM team manager
- Experience building and running a CSM playbook that is innovative and built around the customer
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Thrives in a fast-paced, hardworking, collaborative environment
- Leader with the ability to hire and develop people at a extremely fast pace
- Analyze, improve and refine the BioRender CSM playbook with industry best practices within first three months
- Evaluate and implement software and operational systems in first three months to help streamline the team and allow for the team to scale 10X in people
- Help hire and train 3-4 additional A player CSMs that fill gaps on the team within first four months
- Manage and coach team of 4-8 CSMs (and growing) to all-time high levels of customer activity, gross and net retention, while also identifying and implementing additional KPIs
- Manage and refine the renewal and expansion process and help to expand key accounts within first six months
What you bring to the table
- Experience hiring and managing a team of enterprise SaaS CSMs at rapid scale
- Strong personal and team success with renewals and as a player/coach
- Experience setting up CSM systems, best practices, and playbooks
- Experience setting and managing CSM KPIs and other data
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Stock options in a hypergrowth startup - we're growing more than 100% year over year!
Health and dental benefits for you and your family from your first day, including an HSA and extended mental health benefits
Annual professional development budget and regular learning opportunities
3 Recharge Long Weekends per year, in addition to vacation days
Veterinary bill reimbursement program
Regular virtual team events to stay connected
Fast-paced, mission and values-driven environment with highly engaged coworkers
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Why you should join BioRender
The Adobe Creative Suite for Life Sciences