Business Development Representative at BioRender
About the role
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Business Development Representative with a love for selling and a tenacious and methodical approach to prospecting and developing new business opportunities.
Our ideal fit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Curious, loves asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- Loves transformative technologies and knows how to hustle
- Gritty and resourceful
- Structured and disciplined work ethic
- Passionate about BioRender’s mission and the acceleration of life sciences research
- Wants to revolutionize how science is communicated around the world
- Prospect new leads (outbound) and create amazing first impressions with potential customers and partners while building pipeline for account executives and senior management
- Follow up and qualify inbound requests via telephone and email, for scientific and business fit
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in CRM and measure lead conversion and performance against quota
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of BioRender’s software
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision-makers at new accounts
- Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas
- Work with Account Executives to drive outbound prospecting activities, including cold calling, emailing, and communicating our value proposition to decision-makers
- Work with the field marketing and sales teams to drive attendance at BioRender field events such as executive dinners and happy hours
- Staff trade shows and follow-up on leads collected at the BioRender booth
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent (e.g. within the fields of life science including biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, etc)
- Strong interest in BDR role with some prior life sciences experience a plus
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent, self-motivated, and willing to go beyond strict job responsibilities
- Driven to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent high achievement
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Health and dental benefits for you and your family from your first day, including an HSA and extended mental health benefits
Annual professional development budget and regular learning opportunities
3 Recharge Long Weekends per year, in addition to vacation days
Veterinary bill reimbursement program
Regular virtual team events to stay connected
Fast-paced, mission and values-driven environment with highly engaged coworkers
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Why you should join BioRender
The Adobe Creative Suite for Life Sciences