Account Executive at BioRender
About the role
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery.
We are looking for a driven, motivated Account Executive that has a tenacious, methodical approach to developing new business opportunities. You will work closely with members of our Leadership, Customer Success, and Business Development teams to find the right approach that ensures a great customer experience while maximizing revenue growth.
Our ideal fit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Curious, loves asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- Loves transformative technologies and knows how to hustle
- Gritty and resourceful
- Persistent, self-motivated, and willing to go beyond strict job responsibilities
- Excited to join a team that is driving change in how science is communicated
- Passionate about BioRender’s mission and the acceleration of life sciences research
- Own the full sales cycle, selling into academic institutions and industry companies across North America and Europe
- Become an expert in BioRender’s features, benefits, and use cases
- Consistently attain and exceed all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory or category
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in CRM — measure lead conversion and performance against quota
- Develop and execute on strategic account expansion plans for named enterprise accounts in assigned territory
- Staff tradeshows and follow up on leads collected at the BioRender booth (post-COVID)
- Work with the field marketing and sales teams to drive attendance at BioRender field events such as executive dinners and happy hours (post-COVID)
What you bring to the table
- 2-5+ years of previous experience in full cycle SaaS sales
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline or prior life sciences experience (e.g. biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry) OR experience selling highly technical products
- History of consistently achieving or exceeding ambitious sales targets
- Experience working on complex deals with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and the ability to connect effectively with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, team project leads, and industry executives
- Gritty and resourceful; you leverage tools and technology to sell strategically and efficiently
- Excited and able to travel to conferences and events for several days at a time
- Strong ability to interpret feedback and apply coaching quickly
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Stock options in a hypergrowth startup - we're growing more than 100% year over year!
Health and dental benefits for you and your family from your first day, including an HSA and extended mental health benefits
Annual professional development budget and regular learning opportunities
3 Recharge Long Weekends per year, in addition to vacation days
Veterinary bill reimbursement program
Regular virtual team events to stay connected
Fast-paced, mission and values-driven environment with highly engaged coworkers
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Why you should join BioRender
The Adobe Creative Suite for Life Sciences