Chief of Staff at BioRender
About the role
At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
BioRender’s online software tool allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research (from hours to minutes) while drastically improving understanding and outputs. By adopting BioRender, we estimate scientists will save over 2 billion hours per year of lost productivity, which they can spend performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
BioRender is accomplishing this by being the only company in the world to engineer and standardize the visual language of biology and the platform and tools to communicate it. Prior to BioRender, every scientist had to create or piece together their own visuals to represent cells, proteins, drugs, and all other pieces of biology, causing errors, miss-understandings and resulting in inefficient or wasted research efforts.
There is a multi-billion dollar TAM for medical research and communication with millions of potential users globally. BioRender has experienced exponential revenue growth in its 3 year history and more than doubled their team year over year and as the market leader, expects to grow at a similar rate for the foreseeable future.
About the role
Are you a strategic thinker and operator who wants to be a key executive at a fast growing, world-changing company in the next 2-4 years? Do you have ambitions to be a CEO one day? If so, you might be a great fit for BioRender’s first Chief of Staff!
BioRender’s chief of staff is a ~24 month role in which you will work side by side with the CEO and founders to have a major impact across the entire company, working strategically and operationally on mission-critical projects. You will then graduate into a senior operating role at BioRender.
The right candidate should have experience consulting (internally or externally) and a proven track record of guiding successful teams towards their short and long-term visions. You live, breathe, and sleep strategy and operations and have influenced major initiatives and improvements for companies you have worked with. You’re known for your excellent communication skills, and you’re comfortable facilitating executive or senior leadership meetings, investor updates, press releases, and more.
Our ideal fit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and capable of working on multiple projects in parallel without dropping any balls
- Incredibly curious, with a creative and efficient approach to problem solving
- Extremely detail and process-oriented
- Passionate about BioRender’s mission and the acceleration of life science research and understanding
- Gain a deep understanding of company processes and make recommendations for changes and improvements in your first month
- Organize, run, and improve the efficiency of executive meetings in your first six weeks
- Partner with founders to free up their time by addressing high priority items in your first six weeks
- Do a deep dive on BioRender’s product and go to market strategies in your first two months
- Develop a process for tracking company objectives, KPIs, and overall company health and provide recommendations for improvements in your first two months
- Write investor updates and create other external communication materials including decks, press, and product releases in your first two months
What you bring to the table
- 3-6 years experience with a combination of consulting, investing and/or startup operations
- Deep understanding of SaaS and/or biotech business strategies
- Track record of identifying and solving operational problems at scale
- Experience engaging with CEOs/executives of public companies and/or investors, and managing/presenting at high touch executive meetings
- Experience running planning processes & setting business direction
- Exceptionally strong excel and data analysis and financial modelling skills
We're backed by an incredible group of investors including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Stock options in a hypergrowth startup - we're growing well over 100% year over year!
Health and dental benefits for you and your family from your first day, including an HSA and extended mental health benefits
Annual professional development budget and regular learning opportunities
3 Recharge Long Weekends per year, in addition to vacation days
Regular virtual team events to stay connected
Fast-paced, mission and values-driven environment with highly engaged coworkers
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Why you should join BioRender
The Adobe Creative Suite for Life Sciences