Full Stack Software Developer Intern - Growth Acceleration Team at BioRender
About the role
At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Developer Intern on the Growth Acceleration team to join us in September 2021! Our stack includes React.js, Node.js, and MongoDB. You’ll work very closely with Finance, Customer Experience, Sales, and other teams to create tools and integrations that make work more enjoyable and efficient for internal teams.
Our ideal fit
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Ability to explain complex solutions clearly to others
- Growth mindset, excited to learn new libraries / technologies
- Creative problem solver
- Build an admin panel with a granular permissioning system to enable teams to: Make user account changes, track revenue from all channels and modify subscriptions, upload and tag creative product content (icons, templates), easily set up enterprise accounts
- Set up an internal analytics system and set up API integrations with external vendors (stripe, customer.io, hubspot, etc) to enable internal teams to make decisions based on data
What you bring to the table
- You have professional experience in our stack (MERN) or extensive web development background and challenging side projects
- Experience with web-based graphics libraries, mathematics / linear algebra, game development, or animation is a plus (but not necessary for most projects)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Stock options in a hypergrowth startup - we're growing more than 100% year over year!
Health and dental benefits for you and your family from your first day, including an HSA and extended mental health benefits
Annual professional development budget and regular learning opportunities
3 Recharge Long Weekends per year, in addition to vacation days
Veterinary bill reimbursement program
Regular virtual team events to stay connected
Fast-paced, mission and values-driven environment with highly engaged coworkers
Please note this job is open to anyone located in Canada.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Why you should join BioRender
The Adobe Creative Suite for Life Sciences