Senior Accountant at BioRender
About the role
At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
The Senior Accountant is essential to facilitate BioRender to grow and scale globally. We want to change the world, which only happens with great people and the financial data to drive sound business decisions that will enable our ambitious growth plans.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsible for the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end reporting as well as analysis and controls in the Finance department. They will own the month-end reporting process and will also help establish best practice financial processes and controls.
Our ideal fit
- Enjoys building and setting up processes with a continuous improvement mindset
- Wants to grow and own the financial accounting function
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects
- Curious, loves asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- Own the month-end accounting close process, including journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial statements and related analysis to management
- Responsible for reconciliation and the recording of revenue and cash receipt journals from our third-party payment processor (Stripe)
- Own the deferred revenue recognition process and assist the quote to cash process
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet account reconciliations including providing analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Manage and file the Canadian sales tax (GST/HST, PST) and coordinate with sales tax partners for global filing requirements
- Assist with corporate income tax preparation, SR&ED submission, and other regulatory requirements
- Support the NetSuite implementation and build new processes to facilitate the transition
- Liaise with operations for various initiatives for process improvements and operating enhancements
What you bring to the table
- CPA, accounting degree or equivalent
- 4-7 years financial accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and/or Oracle NetSuite a plus
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Stock options in a hypergrowth startup - we're growing more than 100% year over year!
Health and dental benefits for you and your family from your first day, including an HSA
and extended mental health benefits
Annual professional development budget and regular learning opportunities
3 Recharge Long Weekends per year, in addition to vacation days
Veterinary bill reimbursement program
Regular virtual team events to stay connected
Fast-paced, mission and values-driven environment with highly engaged coworkers
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Why you should join BioRender
The Adobe Creative Suite for Life Sciences