Graphic Designer at BioRender
About the role
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery.
As our first dedicated graphic designer, you’ll work closely with teams across the company, (primarily Growth Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales) to create clean and approachable graphics for internal and external communications. You’ll also ensure consistency in our brand identity, and up-level graphics standards across BioRender.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to fulfill graphics needs
- Create and maintain our brand assets and usage guidelines across internal teams
- Help to establish and maintain a cohesive look and style across all consumer-facing touchpoints (including sales collateral, digital ads, website, email campaigns, and client presentations)
- Work with the Creative team on occasional slide deck design for professional service projects
- Create clean, dynamic, modern 2D animations
- Assist with video/audio editing of education content like webinar recordings and tutorials
- Participate in UX studies and UI mocks as needed
- Help with company swag production and team ‘biomoji’ avatar creation
- Create stunning and modern event graphics for future conferences, including booths, promotional materials, and display screens
What you bring to the table
- Degree in graphic design, illustration or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working as an in-house graphic designer, SaaS/tech industry preferred
- Strong portfolio of graphic design, animation, and illustration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you’re able to communicate your ideas effectively and get buy-in from a wide audience
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Health and dental benefits for you and your family from your first day, including an HSA and extended mental health benefits
Annual professional development budget and regular learning opportunities
3 Recharge Long Weekends per year, in addition to vacation days
Veterinary bill reimbursement program
Regular virtual team events to stay connected
Fast-paced, mission and values-driven environment with highly engaged coworkers
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Why you should join BioRender
The Adobe Creative Suite for Life Sciences