bipi is a free, easy-to-use POS app for cornerstores ("warung") in Indonesia. We help merchants track sales, and run in-store campaigns to promote FMCG products.
Our ambition is to digitise “warungs” by radically changing the approach to modern trade solutions such as point-of-sale, inventory management and e-payments. We are developing an innovative mobile app to deploy these solutions, while gathering valuable general trade data for FMCG brands.
How can you contribute?
- Support our lead engineer in the implementation of key mobile app features (e.g., payment integration, analytics-driven notifications, gamification), app performance improvements and troubleshooting / bug resolution (write clean, easy-to-follow code!)
- Continuously improve new app features to help “warung” owners get more value from their business and daily routines (e.g., shopping list generation)
- Contribute to our overall mobile app roadmap - we welcome new and exciting ideas!
What are we looking for?
- Based in Southeast Asia
- Fluent in English and communicates effectively. Bahasa Indonesia is optional.
- Proven track record in Android app design, implementation and deployment
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and React Native
- Experience with API implementation (e.g., RESTful, GraphQL), front-end (e.g., offline storage, performance tuning) and back-end development (e.g., AWS)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL); able to write efficient queries
- Able to set up continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) DevOps
- Good understanding of the various software development approaches
Example of valuable experiences for this role:
- Experience working on mobile app development in a high-paced and dynamic
professional environment (e.g., tech start-up, leading tech company)
In Indonesia, ~US$100 billion worth of consumer products are channelled through cornerstores (warung) annually. Cornerstores today are primarily cash-based and do not have any systems to run promotions.
Bipi is a free, easy-to-use POS app for cornerstores in Indonesia. Cornerstores simply scan barcodes to instantly access products & prices, track sales and manage their stores. We facilitate promotions for FMCG brands in our stores, boosting sales by 10-60%.
Our founding team has worked with large brands like Coca-Cola, Mondelez and AB Inbev, where we learned that brands spend 20% of revenues on promotions, making it a $3B opportunity in Southeast Asia.