Senior Customer Engineer
About the role
Bitrise support is currently 10 individual contributors and one manager spread out across the US and Budapest. We work hard to take care of an ever expanding and evolving customer base, while still having fun and keeping each other sane.
As a Senior Customer Engineer at Bitrise you will
- Work with developers from across our customer base to debug complex mobile CI issues
- Collaborate with the Bitrise product and engineering teams to provide customer feedback / feature requests
- Be a thought leader for Bitrise in the marketplace, including attending conferences, hosting webinars, writing blog posts
- Act as technical escalation point for global support team
- Build solutions with customers
- Analyze build logs to determine root cause, guiding customers to resolution
- Provide guidance on customer workflow implementations and optimize build performance to help customers wait less for CI checks
- Ensure proper documentation exists for clients, work with appropriate teams to remove any documentation gaps
- Collaborate with back-end teams on System issues ranging from incidents to bug fixes
- Development and various related technologies
- Create sample apps to reproduce customer issues
Key skills and characteristics
- Mobile Test Automation (Appium/Espresso/Detox/XCTest) OR Professional Mobile Development (iOS/Android/Cross platform) experience
- Experience and understanding of mobile tools and processes (compiling binary, automated tests)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (eg.: Bash and/or Python, Go) to be able to debug complex scripts
- Professional experience with commonly used third party tools (eg.: Selenium, fastlane match, etc.)
- Experience with various CI/CD platforms
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- The ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal to customers and coworkers
What we offer
- A massive amount of freedom and trust while your contributions help shape and grow Bitrise for years to come
- A commitment to invest in your personal growth and development in the form of courses, conferences, book allowance and more
- The opportunity to learn about app development by playing a crucial role in the mobile development process for the world’s most successful companies
- The security of working in a financially stable, growing company with an ever-expanding global customer base
- A modern, recently renovated office environment optimized for comfort and collaboration, stocked with the latest tech*
- The opportunity to travel the world to meet, learn from, and connect to end-users at conferences and meetings, as well as the chance to occasionally work from one of our international offices.
Bitrise is a continuous integration and delivery platform, built by and for mobile app developers. Our mission? To help everyone build and operate better mobile apps. By streamlining, automating and optimizing recurring mobile development processes, we free up time and resources for creative, interesting and impactful development tasks, resulting in better, faster releases.
As a successful graduate of Y Combinator, we are born of the same DNA as Airbnb, Reddit and Dropbox. Since Bitrise was launched in 2015, we have grown exponentially: Today, tens of thousands of developers release apps via Bitrise, that end up on billions of mobile devices around the world.
Current customers include fortune 500 companies like Virgin or SIXT, and rapidly scaling unicorns like Transferwise, Mozilla and Get Your Guide. Pick up any mobile device, and chances are you’ll encounter multiple apps that were built on Bitrise. Working at Bitrise means contributing to all of that.