Senior Ruby Engineer at Bitrise
About the role
We are looking for open-minded developers with a user-first attitude, who’d like to join a hands-on product engineering team. These teams are passionate about challenges, engineering craftship, quality, innovation, and have a sense of urgency to increase the quality of mobile apps in the world by making our product better in fast iterations. We expect you to bring your own ideas and voice into the discussion, to own end-to-end solutions, and to solve problems, not just tasks.
As a member of our team, you’ll face complex challenges every day but will have a simple mission to complete: help developers build better apps, faster.
As a Senior Ruby Engineer at Bitrise you will
- Contribute to and maintain the codebase of our website and related services
- Collaborate proactively and closely with others as a valued member of a cross-functional team
- Design, develop, release, maintain and own new features, services, or products
- Help us increase the quality of our work by writing automated tests
- Have a direct impact on the success of products developed by tens of thousands of users
- Be a key player in building high performing teams that continuously deliver value to our users
- Drive engineering-level initiatives to improve our codebase and/or our processes
Key skills and characteristics
- You have experience and like to write code in Ruby.
- Use up-to-date best practices in your work
- Be interested in CI/CD, build tools and development experience
- Have an agile mindset and strong focus on problem-solving
- You can break down complex technical information and explain it in a more simple way
- Be able to define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Be able to build high-quality, testable, reusable code
- Team-first attitude and openness to pairing and mobbing
- Eager to learn and continuously improve yourself
- Know what “being on-call” means or have experience in resolving production incidents
What would really knock our socks off
- Optimized user-facing products through A/B tests and feature flags before
- You have experience in working with monolithic applications
- You have experience with Continuous Delivery practices and have worked in a CD environment before
- You have experience with developing and maintaining applications in a microservice architecture
- You are an experienced TDD practitioner
- You have strong data-driven thinking
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining APIs
What we offer
- A massive amount of freedom and trust while your contributions help shape and grow Bitrise for years to come
- A commitment to invest in your personal growth and development in the form of courses, conferences, book allowance and more
- The opportunity to learn about app development by playing a crucial role in the mobile development process for the world’s most successful companies
- The security of working in a financially stable, growing company with an ever-expanding global customer base
- A modern, recently renovated office environment optimized for comfort and collaboration, stocked with the latest tech* The opportunity to travel the world to meet, learn from, and connect to end-users at conferences and meetings, as well as the chance to occasionally work from one of our international offices.*
- Dear Applicant, please note that due to COVID-19, our team is completely remote (included the interview process) in all locations until we truly feel that working from the office is a super safe and risk-free solution for our colleagues. As our Bitrisers’ health and protection are so important for us the travel opportunities and global in-person team building events are on hold for a while.
Bitrise is a continuous integration and delivery platform, built by and for mobile app developers. Our mission? To help everyone build and operate better mobile apps. By streamlining, automating and optimizing recurring mobile development processes, we free up time and resources for creative, interesting and impactful development tasks, resulting in better, faster releases.
As a successful graduate of Y Combinator, we are born of the same DNA as Airbnb, Reddit and Dropbox. Since Bitrise was launched in 2015, we have grown exponentially: Today, tens of thousands of developers release apps via Bitrise, that end up on billions of mobile devices around the world.
Current customers include fortune 500 companies like Virgin or SIXT, and rapidly scaling unicorns like Transferwise, Mozilla and Get Your Guide. Pick up any mobile device, and chances are you’ll encounter multiple apps that were built on Bitrise. Working at Bitrise means contributing to all of that.