Senior Software Engineer (Build Services, Go) at Bitrise
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who loves challenging projects and is passionate about building reliable, sustainable and scalable solutions.
Our Build Services team is in charge of designing, developing and operating internal services scheduling builds and connecting our customers via the website to the physical hardware their builds run on, in a fast and reliable manner, on a large scale.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Bitrise you will
- Contribute to and maintain the codebase of our services
- Design, develop, release, maintain and own new features, services or products
- Document tribal knowledge
- Manage incidents and conduct post-mortems
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Plan your work in an iterative, agile manner
- Collaborate with other Bitrise teams
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
Key skills and characteristics
- Know at least one high-level programming language
- Use up-to-date best practices in your work
- Be interested in CI/CD, build tools and development experience
- Have an agile mindset and a strong focus on problem-solving
- You can break down complex technical information and explain it in a more simple way
- Be able to define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Be able to build high-quality, testable, reusable code
- Know what “being on-call” means and have experience in debugging
- Team-first attitude and openness to pairing and mobbing
- Eager to learn and continuously improve yourself
What would really knock our socks off
- You have experience and like to write code in Go
- You have strong data-driven thinking
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining APIs
What we offer
- A massive amount of freedom and trust while your contributions help shape and grow Bitrise for years to come
- A commitment to invest in your personal growth and development in the form of courses, conferences, book allowance and more
- The opportunity to learn about app development by playing a crucial role in the mobile development process for the world’s most successful companies
- The security of working in a financially stable, growing company with an ever-expanding global customer base
- A modern, recently renovated office environment optimized for comfort and collaboration, stocked with the latest tech*
- The opportunity to travel the world to meet, learn from, and connect to end-users at conferences and meetings, as well as the chance to occasionally work from one of our international offices.
Bitrise is a continuous integration and delivery platform, built by and for mobile app developers. Our mission? To help everyone build and operate better mobile apps. By streamlining, automating and optimizing recurring mobile development processes, we free up time and resources for creative, interesting and impactful development tasks, resulting in better, faster releases.
As a successful graduate of Y Combinator, we are born of the same DNA as Airbnb, Reddit and Dropbox. Since Bitrise was launched in 2015, we have grown exponentially: Today, tens of thousands of developers release apps via Bitrise, that end up on billions of mobile devices around the world.
Current customers include fortune 500 companies like Virgin or SIXT, and rapidly scaling unicorns like Transferwise, Mozilla and Get Your Guide. Pick up any mobile device, and chances are you’ll encounter multiple apps that were built on Bitrise. Working at Bitrise means contributing to all of that.