Backend Developer at Bits
About the role
Bits (www.getbits.app) is an app that helps people build their credit score and history with a simple monthly subscription.
The problem we solve is building credit. It's a hair on fire problem, and if you have it, there's nowhere good to go. This is where we come in. We provide a bridge between this rock (mistakes of the past) and hard place (access to mainstream financial services). We try to make it possible for anyone to build credit, in literally 2 minutes.
What's special about us?
First, the mission. Literally every day you will receive emails from people describing how Bits has solved a life changing problem that they struggled with for years.
You will make a difference here.
Second, the people.
We are an eclectic mix of people, with backgrounds ranging from a former NHS infectious disease vaccine delivery lead, to an Oxford maths whizz, to a former CxO at Revolut.
The one thing that we all share though is our commitment to the mission - unusually for a lending company, we don’t make any money on interest, we don’t put people into debt, and we are customer-first in everything we do.
About the role:
As a Back End engineer, you’ll be a key member of the product team, and will work with the Founder / CEO and Engineering Lead. This is very much a 'Product engineering' role.
- Core software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable, testable and robust code
- Experience designing and implementing clean APIs following RESTful concepts.
- Experienced in taking product requirements and building scalable, reliable solutions for it
- Ability to track the health of our services, identify and fix problems
- Experience in developing highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- Experience with using AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with AWS Serverless services such as Lambda, Fargate, API Gateway, DynamoDB
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Experience with system and application monitoring, software distribution, patching and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with iOS or Android application development
- A competitive market salary, equity, and life insurance
- Hardware of your choosing
- Free supermarket gift cards each month - your entire monthly grocery shopping will be on Bits Deliveroo credits / free meals whenever you want them
- Honestly, whatever else you want, within reasonable bounds. We want you to be happy
- Remote is OK, London preferred. We'll sponsor you for a visa, if needed
- We're profitable and at Series B stage right now