Lead Designer at Bits
About the role
Bits (www.getbits.app) is an app that helps people build their credit score and history with a simple monthly subscription.
We were part of the S20 batch, and are profitable, currently at Series B metrics, and are profitable. We are a team off 13, based in London, UK.
The problem we solve is building credit.
Traditional advice for building credit is to get a credit card, but there are 10 million people in the UK who can’t get a credit card - or any form of mainstream credit - at all and are effectively locked out of mainstream credit.
Bits has a unique model which makes it possible for literally anyone to build credit, as well as a credit card does, but without all the hassle and rejections that come with a credit card. Bits offers the best of a credit card (a tool that works very very well in building credit), without the worst (interest, hidden fees, getting into debt).
The UK is our focus today, however if we can get people like you on board, we will go global too.
The best part about working at Bits? Well, two things.
First, the mission. Literally every day you will receive emails from people describing how Bits has solved a life changing problem that they struggled with for years. You will make a difference here.
Second, the people. We are an eclectic mix of people, with backgrounds ranging from a former NHS infectious disease vaccine delivery lead, to an Oxford maths whizz, to a former CxO at Revolut. The one thing that we all share though is our commitment to the mission - unusually for a lending company, we don’t make any money on interest, we don’t put people into debt, and we try to be customer-first in everything we do.
About the role:
- As a Lead Designer, you’ll be a key member of the product team, and will work with the Founder / CEO and Engineering Lead
- You’ll work on our iOS and Android apps and help us build and grow to support the next million Bits users across the UK and other geographies. This is a get stuff done role.
- You have 8-10 years experience of designing beautiful user experiences, preferably in financial services
- You’ve scaled a product from early days to 100s of thousands of active users
- You obsess over user experience - not pixels, but the real experience
- You have a great attitude, are humble and are generally willing to listen and learn
- You’re comfortable mentoring junior designers and building out a team to work with you
- You work in a clean, organised way and are a team player
- A competitive market salary, equity, and life insurance
- Hardware of your choosing
- Free supermarket gift cards each month - your entire monthly grocery shopping will be on Bits
- Deliveroo credits / free meals whenever you want them
- Honestly, whatever else you want, within reasonable bounds. We want you to be happy