Growth Marketing Specialist (SEA - Vietnam & Indonesia) at BlaBla Live
About the role
BlaBla is an online learning platform for fluent English speakers to teach English to language learners in Asia and the World online through audio chat rooms and videos. The company recognizes the fragmented characteristic of language learning. Unlike traditional online tutoring, BlaBla empowers teachers to create engaging video content for users to learn at their own pace online or host a real-time audio chat room to teach users speaking in various topics. Our goal is to foster a more convenient, fun, and effective educational experience for teachers and learners. Founded in 2019, the company has established offices and R&D centers in Suzhou, China, and Silicon Valley, CA. We believe that motivation and incentives are the keys to successful teaching and learning experiences.
Your role will impact our marketing strategy in the region. You will use analytic skills and knowledge of digital and social marketing to drive results in B2C customer acquisition. You are highly motivated and want to create a huge impact in a fast-growing startup. You are an enthusiastic team player with a proactive attitude. You are a stickler for excellence and possess a keen eye for details.
As a Growth Marketing Specialist, You will:
- Manage the full spectrum of digital marketing efforts including influencer marketing, SEM, and Social Media marketing.
- Work closely with HQ teams to plan, support, and execute the local strategy to scale up local operations, including core functions such as Sales, Marketing, and PR.
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities within the market and build relationships with potential partners in the EdTech and Language Learning space.
- Build the brand on the ground with all available marketing levers - brand, communications, and network partnerships.
- Use data to drive outcomes in an ambiguous environment.
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years of professional experience (preferably at least 2 years in the EdTech industry)
- Background in Engineering, Operations, Marketing / Business Development or Languages
- Experience in B2C and marketplace business models with strong operational experience
- Proven track record of having worked in a rapidly growing international organization
- Experience in market expansion in SEA - Vietnam & Indonesia is a bonus
- Understanding of EdTech industry is a major plus
- Strong network to senior stakeholders in the few key major cities in SEA - Vietnam & Indonesia
- Ability to lead through influence in a cross-functional international environment
- Possess leadership qualities with a passion for people and team - hire, motivate, empower and retain the best talent available
- Undeniably positive attitude, extreme dedication, and ability to act as a role model to BlaBla EdTech and its values
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands-on, and able to work autonomously if required
- Based in or willing to relocate to SEA - Vietnam & Indonesia
- Very strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be fluent in English and Vietnamese or Indonesian
What’s it like to work at BlaBla EdTech?
BlaBla app was launched in 2020 and accelerated by the Y Combinator program. Since its launch, its user base has grown primarily in Asia. These users are college students and young professionals in their early 20s from Taiwan, Indonesia, China, and the US, among others. Many users benefit from the short video content on the platform and the speaking evaluation pop quiz. In one year, we have built a great content platform for humans to review and annotate on uploaded videos. Additionally, we also launched real-time audio to bring users a brand new experience to engage with native speakers.
For example, our newly deployed audio chat room’s monthly retention is over 50%, indicating that users are coming back to join the chatroom, again and again. The average feedback score for over 100 audio chat rooms in May 2021 was 5 out of 5 with over 100 feedback collected so far. This is an early sign of product-market fit. Our research suggests that the audio chat room further drives creators to showcase their talents more effectively or enables new forms of digital learning in real-time. Our goal is to continue to incentivize learners to create content for their native languages on the platform so we can enable users to practice other popular and less common languages.
We look at BlaBla as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to hear from you and share with you our vision. We will love to connect people who are passionate about language learning and knowledge sharing as much as we do.
Why you should join BlaBla Live
Practice English speaking 10X faster through fun and easy 1v1 or 1v4 audio chat rooms or short videos from native speakers! BlaBla is your fun, convenient, free app to enjoy an immersive English learning environment with endless topics, 12000+ video lessons, audio chatrooms, and more!
Immersive: Immerse yourself in 1v1 or 1v4 audio chatrooms and practice speaking English with native-speaker instructors.
Fun: Join Roundtable rooms to find language partners, make friends, and have a fun practice together.
Effective: BlaBla’s engaging and educational short videos (15sec - 1min), game-like features, and advanced voice recognition system help you practice effortlessly to build a solid foundation in speaking and listening.
Trackable: Track progress and achieve goals. Work toward your own language learning goals with incentive rewards and achievements rankings when you make a habit out of practicing daily!