Senior Software Engineer at Blueberry Medical
About the role
The role: We are looking for a driven and talented senior software engineer to join our fast-growing startup in a full stack role. You will work directly alongside the founders and other early engineers, and you can expect to have a lot of impact on architecture and product decisions. We just closed a new round of funding, we are doubling our team size and moving into a bigger office :)
The ideal candidate:
- Communicates technical challenges and tradeoffs easily.
- Is proactive and able to operate totally independently.
- Learns new languages & frameworks very quickly. You do not need to have all of the skills listed - the ability to learn and execute quickly on the job is much more important.
- Is comfortable working the full stack: from testing to databases to front end app & web development, you are able to and excited to solve end-to-end challenges.
- Our Android & iOS apps are written in React Native using Expo.
- Our backend is a Django server running on Google Cloud Platform, backed by postGres, using async cloud tasks & cron jobs for backend processing jobs such as image & video optimization, notifications, etc.
- Our web frontend is html/less/js/webpack running with Django templates. We are currently migrating our front end site to React, in the medium & long term our web front end will be all React.
- We use Github and CircleCI.
- We operate with a 2-week agile sprint structure including regular retros.
About Blueberry Pediatrics (blueberrypediatrics.com): We provide convenient, 24/7 medical care for children over the internet. We are a team of ex-Googlers and doctors, currently partnering with pediatric clinics to provide our software and care for thousands of children.
Why you should join Blueberry Medical
About Blueberry (blueberrypediatrics.com): We provide convenient, 24/7 medical care for children over the internet. We are a team of ex-Googlers and doctors, currently partnering with pediatric clinics to provide our software and care for thousands of children.