Are you a natural problem-solver with a passion for streamlining processes? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a meaningful impact? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Blueberry Pediatrics is seeking a Head of Ops to join our growing team. As the pperations leader, you will play a critical role in ensuring Blueberry runs smoothly and efficiently. Your mission will be to drive operational excellence across all aspects of our business, from patient care to customer support.
About Blueberry Pediatrics (YC W18)
Our mission is to turn every family's living room into pediatric urgent care by combining at-home diagnostic kits and concierge-like access to Pediatricians, 24/7. With Blueberry, every family has affordable and immediate 24/7 access to the same (or better!) care they’d receive at an urgent care or ER.
Blueberry Pediatrics is trusted by tens of thousands of families and growing fast! We've proven that we can drive better health outcomes for children and families, and dramatically reduce medical costs for parents and companies.
This year we were ranked:
- Best for pediatric care by Verywell Health
- Best baby app for on-demand medical care by Good Housekeeping
- Best pediatric tele-health platform by Peanut
- Collaborate with our clinical team to identify areas for process improvement and optimize workflow
- Oversee day-to-day operations of on-call teams, including scheduling, staffing, and resource allocation
- Maintain and update operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Monitor key performance indicators to track progress against operational goals and identify areas for improvement
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts to ensure cost-effectiveness
- Identify opportunities for automation and implement technology solutions to improve efficiency as needed.
- Work collaboratively with our leadership team to identify opportunities for growth and expansion of our services.
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare operations or a related field
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing operational strategies that drive efficiency and improve patient outcomes
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in technology solutions and experience implementing process automation tools
You would be a great fit, if others describe you as a…
- Team player - Past colleagues, managers, and direct reports view you as a trusted partner who knows how to address challenges with empathy and integrity. You want the whole team to win!
- Cultural champion - You build a deep connection to the context of the organization in order to incorporate new ideas and help the team operate closer to our values.
- Enthusiastic owner - You embrace the opportunity to have an outsized impact, don’t view any problem as too big or too small, and know when and how to identify priorities.
By Month 1
- Familiarizing yourself with Blueberry’s mission, team, and goals.
- Deeply understand our customers and their needs through both quantitative data, and qualitative interviews.
- Shadowing our doctor team to understand the clinical experience, challenges, and opportunities.
- Implementing process improvements to streamline operations and increase efficiency across clinical, business, and support teams
- Developing and launching a training program for customer support staff to ensure consistent and effective support for clinical teams.
- Collaborating with clinical teams to identify opportunities for improving the patient experience.
By Month 12:
- Implement technology solutions to automate operational processes and increase scalability
- Develop and implement a long-term strategic plan for operational growth and expansion
- Establish partnerships with external vendors to support growth initiatives and enhance service offerings.