Senior User Experience Designer at Bodyport
About the role
Bodyport is a virtual cardiac clinic aimed at reducing the burden of heart disease through personalized, evidence-based care. In just one daily step, our novel sensors and algorithms predict changes in health status, enabling early, optimized interventions that significantly improve outcomes. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6 million Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year). Bodyport is backed by leading investors including Initialized Capital, Playground Global, Boehringer Ingelheim, Y Combinator, and Rock Health.
As a Senior User Experience Designer at Bodyport, you will be responsible for leading the visual design of interfaces and experiences integral to Bodyport’s breakthrough cardiovascular monitoring technology. You’ll work closely with all aspects of the business - directly interfacing with software, hardware, and business development teams to ensure that systems are intuitive, elegant, and effective. You’ll help guide the development of new designs and workflows that will directly impact our customers and patients and you will help ensure they meet our high standards of quality and excellence.
Your role at Bodyport
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that improve patient and clinical workflows
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Participate in user research and testing
You’d be a great fit if you have:
- 4+ years of experience designing patient-centric / digital health user experiences
- An impressive portfolio of prior work demonstrating your ability to identify the solve tough UI/UX problems in the web and mobile space
- Possess exceptional product design skills and have a demonstrated history of establishing design processes
- Experience putting together specifications, assets, and delivery high quality designs for engineering teams
- Extensive experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma and other design tools
Nice to haves:
- Experience designing compelling data visualizations.
- Prior frontend development experience and/or product management experience
- Experience designing and executing user research studies and running AB testing in a production environment
- Experience leading, building, and mentoring design teams
We want you to know You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Why you should join Bodyport
Bodyport is building a virtual cardiac clinic to help keep patients with heart disease healthy and in their homes. The clinic is built around our novel cardiovascular sensing scale and predictive algorithms that detect early subclinical changes in cardiac function. We’re initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).