Lead Algorithms and Signal Processing Engineer
About the role
As Lead Algorithms and Signal Processing Engineer, you will oversee the development and implementation of algorithms and signal processing techniques that power the detection, prediction, and prevention of heart disease. You will lead the development of our signal processing infrastructure used to decipher complex patterns in rich time-series data. You will have the opportunity to work with novel signal data, helping discover new non-invasive biomarkers that diagnose disease and save lives.
Your role at Bodyport:
- Validate Bodyport’s algorithms to demonstrate product accuracy within diverse subject populations
- Design and implement signal processing algorithms to extract biomarkers from Bodyport’s novel sensors and signals
- Leverage Bodyport's datasets to develop new insights and uncover unique patterns that help predict disease
- Create robust feature extraction systems for input to machine learning models
- Provide design input specifications, requirements, and guidance to software and firmware engineers for online algorithm implementation
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- MS or PhD in biology, engineering, bioinformatics, data science, or another relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in a signal processing or data science role, ideally working on a product in healthcare or life sciences
- Strong understanding of human physiology and computational biology
- Deep knowledge of advanced signal processing techniques for time series data
- A for working with wavelets, Fourier transforms, and digital filters
- Experience developing algorithms for medical device or life sciences products
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Why you should join Bodyport
Bodyport is building a virtual cardiac clinic to help keep patients with heart disease healthy and in their homes. The clinic is built around our novel cardiovascular sensing scale and predictive algorithms that detect early subclinical changes in cardiac function. We’re initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).