Software Engineer at Bodyport
About the role
Bodyport is a virtual cardiac clinic aimed at reducing the burden of heart disease through personalized, evidence-based care. In just one daily step, our novel sensors and algorithms predict changes in health status, enabling early, optimized interventions that significantly improve outcomes. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6 million Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year). Bodyport is backed by leading investors including Initialized Capital, Playground Global, Boehringer Ingelheim, Y Combinator, and Rock Health.
We're looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Software Engineer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the systems integral to Bodyport’s breakthrough cardiovascular monitoring technology. You will work closely across multiple functional areas to ensure the software systems are intuitive, secure, and reliable. You will help conduct rigorous testing and documentation of Bodyport’s software products and help ensure they meet our high standards of quality and performance.
Your Role at Bodyport
- Enabling new functionality and optimizing existing features for usability, security, and performance
- Build new features and applications from start to finish, including requirements development, feature and architectural design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, and support
- Develop tools and systems to support internal users, customers, and partners
- Help ensure that systems and tools are rigorously tested, documented, and adhere to best practices
You'd be a great fit if you have:
- Functional, real world programming experience
- Experience with web frameworks such as Rails, Django, Pyramid, etc.
- SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite)
- Experience working with Linux environments
- Experience writing unit tests, automated functional tests, test plans, and test cases
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in HIPAA / FDA regulated environments
- Familiarity with Aptible, Heroku, AWS, Azure, or other similar platform / service
- Experience working in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment
- Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage issues
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Why you should join Bodyport
Bodyport is building a virtual cardiac clinic to help keep patients with heart disease healthy and in their homes. The clinic is built around our novel cardiovascular sensing scale and predictive algorithms that detect early subclinical changes in cardiac function. We’re initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).