Head of SEO (Remote) at Bonsai
About the role
Bonsai is a fully-remote, venture-backed, fast-growing, and profitable company that helps 200,000+ freelancers manage their business and do the work they love. We're looking for a "CEO of SEO", an experienced SEO to set and execute the strategy for our organic growth channel.
What will you do?
You will lead our organic acquisition strategy, overseeing all SEO content research, planning and execution.You will be responsible for scaling our organic channel, building scalable systems for link building, content optimisation and technical improvements across the domain.
Working alongside our Senior Content Manager you will help scale Bonsai’s resource content hub aimed at freelancers from across all verticals.
Conversion Rate Optimisation of our existing SEO pages - You will find ways to improve conversions from our existing SEO pages, while balancing user intent.
What are the requirements?
- At least 4 years experience as an SEO either in-house or at an agency.
- Deep knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Mixpanel) and keyword research tools (e.g., Ahrefs).
- Familiarity with content management systems for SEO. Bonus points if you're familiar with Webflow.
- Up to date on the latest trends in SEO.
Who will thrive in this role?
- You're a self-starter and entrepreneurial. You plan your week, month and year's tasks in advance on your own and don't require hand-holding with your work. You can put together a quarterly plan.
- You have the ability to prioritize: we have tons of pages, lots of different improvements that can be made, lots of keywords to try, lots of experiments to run. How do we prioritize what we do?
- You're inherently inquisitive. You're always thinking about different page structures. You're looking at other software sites SEO, listening to podcasts, subscribed to SEO newsletters like Moz and SEOnotebook, checking out product hunt etc.
- You understand what GREAT content is and have created multiple pieces of content in the past that rank #1 on Google.
- You're disciplined with your time and are great at managing multiple things going on at once.
- You're proactive and regularly bring up new ideas.
- You have a "Get shit done" mindset: you're very action oriented, you like and want to get your hands dirty.
- Work with an all-star international team.
- Competitive compensation with a performance bonus / profit-sharing
- All-expenses paid team retreats (our last retreat was in Mexico!)
- Work when and where you want
- 40 hours work week (we're running a marathon, not a sprint)
- Learning & development stipend (we care about your growth)
- Unlimited vacation
- Business transparency across the board – everyone knows everything
- Contribute to the growth of a product that has rave reviews 
Bonsai is a freelance business management platform used by 200,000+ freelancers across the world. It takes care of a freelancer's boring admin work - contracts, proposals, invoices, payments, accounting & taxes - so they can focus on getting actual work done and make $$$.
We're backed by some of the world's best investors (YC, Matrix Partners, Index Ventures), are profitable, and are 100% remote. Our teammates are spread across 7 countries (US, Brazil, UK, Romania, Canada, India & France).
Why you should join Bonsai
Bonsai (hellobonsai.com) helps companies and freelancers work together more effectively. We power the freelance workforces at companies like Google, Uber, and many more, and help 300,000+ freelancers globally run their businesses.
You’ll join a technical, experienced team that’s backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors and building the future of freelancing.