Bonsai helps 500,000+ freelancers in 100+ countries start, run, and grow their businesses.
The way the world works is changing: Freelancers make up 40% of the workforce today and will be 50%+ by 2030. People want flexible and independent careers. Companies want great on-demand talent. This is one of the largest shifts since the Industrial Revolution, but the tools to support it are stuck in the 20th or even 19th centuries!
That's where Bonsai comes in. We take care of a freelancer's admin work - contracts, proposals, invoices, payments, accounting & taxes and even banking - so they can focus on the work they love and just make money. Ask any freelancers you know... they'll tell you this is a huge and painful time suck.
We're profitable, growing very quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors (YC, Matrix Partners, Index Ventures).
We've also been partly remote since 2016 and our team is spread across 9 different countries.
About the Role
At Bonsai we're building a world-class growth marketing team to push the boundaries of online marketing. We're already writing the playbook of SEO distribution with a leading team of Marketers and we aim at reproducing this across all our acquisition channels including Ads, affiliates and even outbound.
Working in Growth Marketing at Bonsai differs from most SaaS companies as there is no sales team and your work directly impacts our revenue at the end of the month. This high impact role gets even more exciting as:
- Bonsai has 10x more data than other SaaS companies, offering a massive playground for data lovers who strive to iterate fast. At Bonsai you get A/B tests results in hours, not weeks. This is because at similar revenue level, Bonsai has 10x more users due to its subscription price ($19 vs. $190 for SMB SaaS). And since there are no sales, we monitor all possible touch points to maximise conversions.
- Bonsai serves a variety of personas, from designers to lawyers and coaches, creating a variety of messaging and communication opportunities to hundreds of millions of users worldwide
- Bonsai is multi-product SaaS (or super SaaS), which means that you can play on a variety of intents to acquire users. Creativity is your limit.
- Automation can be used at every stage of the funnel since Bonsai is a self-served product without a sales team. Automation is not a luxury, it is a necessity that we embrace with creativity.
For this role, you will be responsible for a variety of paid marketing initiatives with direct business impact including:
- User & industry research: You will understand who our users are and how our products resonate with them to craft the most engaging campaigns where they spend most of their time
- Keyword & competitive research: You will perform keyword research and use our existing significant SEO presence and data to understand high value opportunities to invest in. You will also analyse competitors campaigns to understand opportunities we could go after.
- Campaign creation: You will own the creatives behind our paid campaigns, whether it is meta titles, meta contents or just using Canva to build engaging retargeting visual Ads. You'll strive to be creative, on-brand but most importantly, engaging. You will be supported by a designer to help you with any product assets.
- Landing page optimization: You will own paid marketing campaigns end-to-end. As such, you will take the responsibility of our landing pages to ensure the best signup and paid conversion rate across all our paid campaigns.
- Budget optimization: You will closely monitor our performance across campaigns and optimise targeting and budget to deliver the best return on Ads spend.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in search engine ads and/or social ads
- Strong analytical and data processing skills
- Experience with B2B SaaS
- Business minded - You tie every decision and initiatives to a business or revenue goal
- Action oriented - You strive to deliver every day and keep high velocity. You don't hesitate to get your hands dirty to get things moving when you are stuck needing outside help of resources.
- Organized - You strive with or without complexity and resources. You know how to prioritize and lead initiatives with several stakeholders
- Fluent in English
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited holidays — we actually want you to take time off
- All-expenses paid team retreats — our last retreat was in Mexico!
- Unlimited professional development stipend — books, classes, coaching, whatever you need
- Strong culture of work / life balance — it's a marathon, not a sprint
- Complete internal transparency — everyone sees everything within the company
Bonsai is an equal opportunity employer.