VP of Product Operations
About the role
This role would have sole responsibility over large parts of our service. This means being able to “scale up” and understand larger strategic considerations while also “scaling down” to handle the minutiae involved in operating a company. This role will wear multiple hats and work directly with the founders.
You will be leading a multidisciplinary team of software engineers and operations + support specialists. You will be responsible for improving and scaling operational software, processes and team.
We believe the information flowing into operations through support and exception handling is the most valuable we have for improving our product. As such, you will both manage operations and support and funnel valuable improvements into the product.
This is a unique position. You must be willing to get your hands dirty while also able to engage in high level strategic thinking.
We need to achieve 80% of the results with 20% of the effort.
Skill, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working with software developers preferred.
- Experience operation business processes required.
- Rigorous technical thinking required.
- Experience managing people at some level required.
- English: native fluency
- Remote OK. Must be able to overlap a significant portion during Seattle, WA regular business hours.
- Competitive equity and cash compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
Why you should join Bottomless
Bottomless is building the first sensor enabled marketplace for repeat purchases. To start, we are building the world’s first smart coffee subscription. This is just the beginning.
- Hard work. Ambitious goals must be met with uncommon effort. We do not believe hard work stands as a barrier to a good life, but that hard work itself is inherently meaningful. We don’t believe this is how every company should run, but this is how we run.
- Frugality. We started as a bootstrapped company and aim to continue to do more with less. Even as the “less” becomes more.
- Take out the trash. Nobody is above any task.
- Customer support is important. It’s the best way to understand your customers and your product.
- Focus on what you can control. A startup cannot boil the ocean. We focus on making the world better within our sphere of influence.
- Hustle AND intelligence. Intelligence is the direction of the vector and hustle is the magnitude. We do not choose between working smarter or harder, we try to do both.
- Trust. Trust is earned, not granted. To build a great company, we must earn the trust of our customers one order at a time. We must also earn each other’s trust through honesty and consistency.
- Self improvement. An exponentially growing company will outgrow its team and founders unless the team and founders are constantly improving. We hold each other accountable and keep raising the bar.