About the role
You will be joining a fast growing consumer startup as its first designer.
You will be working on an emerging consumer brand with a unique product. You should be able to create innovative designs that capture the feeling of something new.
As our first designer, you should be versatile. This includes but isn’t limited to landing page, UI/UX, logo and box design.
You will have the opportunity to create the look and feel of company from the ground up.
We need to achieve 80% of the results with 20% of the effort.
Skill, Qualifications and Experience
- Intermediate UI/UX design
- Advanced Web design
- Beginner Video editing and photography
- Advanced Graphic design (emails, logos, etc)
- Ability to design boxes, brochures, etc
- Beginner frontend web development a plus
- Intermediate CSS
- Remote OK. Must be able to overlap a significant portion during Seattle, WA regular business hours.
- Competitive equity and cash compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
Why you should join Bottomless
Bottomless is building the first sensor enabled marketplace for repeat purchases. To start, we are building the world’s first smart coffee subscription. This is just the beginning.
- Hard work. Ambitious goals must be met with uncommon effort. We do not believe hard work stands as a barrier to a good life, but that hard work itself is inherently meaningful. We don’t believe this is how every company should run, but this is how we run.
- Frugality. We started as a bootstrapped company and aim to continue to do more with less. Even as the “less” becomes more.
- Take out the trash. Nobody is above any task.
- Customer support is important. It’s the best way to understand your customers and your product.
- Focus on what you can control. A startup cannot boil the ocean. We focus on making the world better within our sphere of influence.
- Hustle AND intelligence. Intelligence is the direction of the vector and hustle is the magnitude. We do not choose between working smarter or harder, we try to do both.
- Trust. Trust is earned, not granted. To build a great company, we must earn the trust of our customers one order at a time. We must also earn each other’s trust through honesty and consistency.
- Self improvement. An exponentially growing company will outgrow its team and founders unless the team and founders are constantly improving. We hold each other accountable and keep raising the bar.