About the role
You will be one of the first data science hires at a rapidly growing startup.
You will develop models from start to finish. This includes data exploration, model development, model iteration and post-deployment performance monitoring.
Our problem sets are varied and novel, many of which have not been solved before.
The ideal fit for this role is interested in rapid model development, deployment and iteration.
We need to achieve 80% of the results with 20% of the effort.
Skill, Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in quantitative field or 3+ years of experience
- Advanced Pandas, Scipy, Numpy
- Advanced model generation / evaluation
- Intermediate noSQL database skills
- English: native fluency
- Remote OK. Must be able to overlap a significant portion during Seattle, WA regular business hours.
- Competitive equity and cash compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
Why you should join Bottomless
Bottomless is building the first sensor enabled marketplace for repeat purchases. To start, we are building the world’s first smart coffee subscription. This is just the beginning.
- Hard work. Ambitious goals must be met with uncommon effort. We do not believe hard work stands as a barrier to a good life, but that hard work itself is inherently meaningful. We don’t believe this is how every company should run, but this is how we run.
- Frugality. We started as a bootstrapped company and aim to continue to do more with less. Even as the “less” becomes more.
- Take out the trash. Nobody is above any task.
- Customer support is important. It’s the best way to understand your customers and your product.
- Focus on what you can control. A startup cannot boil the ocean. We focus on making the world better within our sphere of influence.
- Hustle AND intelligence. Intelligence is the direction of the vector and hustle is the magnitude. We do not choose between working smarter or harder, we try to do both.
- Trust. Trust is earned, not granted. To build a great company, we must earn the trust of our customers one order at a time. We must also earn each other’s trust through honesty and consistency.
- Self improvement. An exponentially growing company will outgrow its team and founders unless the team and founders are constantly improving. We hold each other accountable and keep raising the bar.