Operations & Support Specialist at Bottomless
About the role
We are a fast growing startup with a product used by thousands of consumers and dozens of coffee roasters every day. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with experience operating businesses/organizations.
This hybrid role has exposure to both our Support and Vendor Management teams. As a Vendor Manager you’ll serve as the first point of contact for our network of roasters; ensuring fulfillment accuracy and resolving vendor issues.
As a Customer Support Specialist you’ll assist our customers with technical problems when using our products and services. Customer Support Specialist responsibilities include resolving customer queries, recommending solutions and guiding product users through features and functionalities.
To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to earn our clients’ and vendor’s trust. You should also be familiar with help desk software.
Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support during all sales and after-sales procedures.
Vendor Management Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for our network of +50 roasters
- Bridge vendor exceptions and our consumer base
- Track and validate successful vendor fulfillment
- Operate vendor packaging supply planning processes
- Analyze vendor performance and fulfillment accuracy
- Recommend new enhancements to the vendor portal
Customer Support Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather customer feedback and share it with the team
- Monitor several internal processes.
- Communicate with external providers when needed.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions for improvements in any aspects relating to increased performance.
- Handle a high volume of Customer Service emails daily.
- Shipping and Handling Returns
- Special Projects
- Meeting Notes
- Proficient in English, both oral and written
- Excellent written communication skills in both a business and consumer-facing context.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Creativity (May engage in social media and marketing content creation.)
- Work ethic
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good social and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High self-initiative with the ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Proficient in technology especially Microsoft Office applications (Pivot tables, V-lookups)
- Physical capability of standing or sitting for long hours each workday.
- High integrity
- Remarkable discipline and organization
- Great attention to detail
- Great capacity to prioritize properly
- Ability to execute several projects in parallel
- High speed of execution
- Strong work ethics
- Resourcefulness, ability to get things done on your own, despite obstacles
- Great communication skills, both writing and speaking
- Ability to learn fast
- Ability to receive and incorporate feedback
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, no task is beneath you.
- Winning/competitive mentality
- Patient in dealing with difficult customers
Why you should join Bottomless
Bottomless is building the first sensor enabled marketplace for repeat purchases. To start, we are building the world’s first smart coffee subscription. This is just the beginning.
- Hard work. Ambitious goals must be met with uncommon effort. We do not believe hard work stands as a barrier to a good life, but that hard work itself is inherently meaningful. We don’t believe this is how every company should run, but this is how we run.
- Frugality. We started as a bootstrapped company and aim to continue to do more with less. Even as the “less” becomes more.
- Take out the trash. Nobody is above any task.
- Customer support is important. It’s the best way to understand your customers and your product.
- Focus on what you can control. A startup cannot boil the ocean. We focus on making the world better within our sphere of influence.
- Hustle AND intelligence. Intelligence is the direction of the vector and hustle is the magnitude. We do not choose between working smarter or harder, we try to do both.
- Trust. Trust is earned, not granted. To build a great company, we must earn the trust of our customers one order at a time. We must also earn each other’s trust through honesty and consistency.
- Self improvement. An exponentially growing company will outgrow its team and founders unless the team and founders are constantly improving. We hold each other accountable and keep raising the bar.