Security Engineer, Infrastructure at Brex
About the role
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As an Infrastructure Security Engineer, you will focus on both securing the infrastructure that our customer-facing applications run on and providing a secure environment for our engineers to iterate on. You will do this by building solutions, creating tools and practices, with strong partnerships across Engineering. Your role will also involve security assessments and threat modeling during design reviews and other stages of the development lifecycle.
We’re looking for individuals with a strong background and interest in securing systems and infrastructure at scale, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, with a keen eye towards detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs. We’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. Building world-class financial services requires world-class security.
- Design, deploy, manage and improve critical security infrastructure services and tools for identity & access management, secrets management, cloud security and more.
- Improve security across all aspects of our cloud Infrastructure through tooling and automation.
- Collaborating and partnering with other engineering teams to drive remediation of security vulnerabilities, while balancing prioritization of security issues within SLAs and teams’ respective product backlogs.
- Debugging complex problems across the entire stack.
- Working with other staff to develop a long-term strategy for a strong overall security posture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or 5+ years work experience
- Experience coding in Go. While not primarily a development role, you will contribute to the development and improvement of tooling that’s used across Brex.
- Caring about system design and valuing building things correctly, with an understanding of a MVP approach.
- Familiarity with ci/cd systems and devops workflows (e.g - Buildkite, Flux, Git, Terraform)
- Experience with securing distributed systems in AWS
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research
Why you should join Brex
Brex makes financial technology to help ambitious companies scale. We exist to reinvent and unify broken financial systems so people can prosper in unimaginable ways.
We’re taking on some of the most daunting problems in payments with inventiveness and tenacity. Work at Brex to grow alongside driven, diverse people. To accelerate your career. To challenge old ideas. To break the status quo.