DevOps Engineer at Bristle (W21): Oral health screening and treatments from home at Bristle
About the role
We're an inclusive team spread across the USA and Canada working together to usher in a new standard of oral health care.
We provide at-home saliva testing to detect the earliest signs of cavities and gum disease, then provide personalized treatments to prevent them. Our technology leverages the oral microbiome - the makeup of bacteria, fungi, and viruses in your mouth - to identify risk factors and biomarkers associated with health and disease.
Our mission is to democratize access to oral health care, and develop technology that enables the discovery of novel therapeutics and biomarkers for oral health.
What we're looking for
We're bringing our MVP to market and are looking for a DevOps engineer to help us meet our growing software deployment needs.
You'll be involved with building and maintaining our IaC codebase (Pulumi).
If you’re a jack-of-all-trades + team player looking for diverse projects then this is a good fit! This is a remote position and you'll have flexibility of working hours and time commitment.
Qualifications / experience
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with IaC (preferably comfortable with Pulumi)
- Experience with Go (experience with Rust is also a plus!)
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other SQL databases
- Commitment to self-growth/care
What you will be doing
- Developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining type and memory safe code for our IaC stack
- Working to keep our continuous deployment pipeline working smoothly
- Working to keep our production and staging environments up and running
- Implementing feedback from our security team
- Participating in code review
- Participating in decision making conversations
What you won't be doing
- Working 16 hour days or on weekends
- Dealing with Node.js (we only use this for front-end build tooling)
- Sitting in meetings every day
Bonus points for experience with
Why you should join Bristle
Bristle helps people understand and improve their oral health. We developed an at-home oral microbiome test to measure oral health status - including risk factors for cavities, gum disease, and bad breath. We use those insights to help people improve their oral and overall health through personalized recommendations, education, and behavioral change.