Data Engineer at BuildZoom
About the role
BuildZoom is a data company at heart. We ingest vast volumes of construction data to track the work activities of every single licensed contractor in the United States. On top of this unique data set, we deploy algorithms to identify ideal contractors for new construction projects. As a data engineer, you will work alongside our Manila and San Francisco Engineering team to develop our data pipeline and accelerate BuildZoom's rapid growth.
Our technologies include Python, MySQL, Postgres, and Redshift
- Collaborate with your colleagues in Manila and San Francisco to solve problems affecting the entire data pipeline.
- Deliver the data-content needed to power BuildZoom's millions of users e.g., (https://www.buildzoom.com/san-francisco-ca/architects)
- Design and implement analytics to monitor the data pipeline and report on trends in data depth and breadth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Bonus: professional experience with our technologies (Python, SQL, Redshift)
- Drive. An intrinsic motivation to succeed and continuously improve yourself and your surroundings.
- Self Improvement. A dedication to personal growth, achievement, and self-actualization.
- Collaboration. Our team is stronger than the sum of its parts. We help each other succeed.
- Quantitative. Our business decisions are made with data.
- Scrappy and Tenacious. Win in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
Why you should join BuildZoom
We're leveraging data, ML, and web-based workflow tools to dramatically improve the construction and remodeling experience for homeowners, architects, and contractors.