Head of Engineering at Bulletin
About the role
Bulletin is looking for a Head of Engineering who can lead the small but growing team building our brand-new Retailer Network Platform. You should be passionate about building and scaling early stage start-ups and leading them through rapid growth. You will report directly to Alana Branston (CEO and one of our two founders) and in our highly collaborative environment you will drive core engineering and business decisions. This role will be a combination of people management, vision setting, execution, and technical leadership and these areas will evolve and differ as we add more people to our team and grow.
- Kindness and empathy for colleagues and users
- An interest in solving the business challenges that Bulletin is facing
- Experience leading and managing an engineering team
- Experience building consumer and/or enterprise web-based software
- Experience in early-stage startups
- A passion for building maintainable software to solve real problems
- Work out of our Soho office
- You are passionate about supporting thousands of small businesses and building a platform that they’ll use every single day. You will make an impact on people’s real lives and real businesses, building tech that directly puts more money in their pockets and helps them grow.
- You value transparency, collaboration and teamwork.
- You encourage diversity, inclusivity and kindness in the workplace.
- You are a clear and strong communicator and can work cross-functionally across multiple teams.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, iterative work environment.
Why you should join Bulletin
Bulletin helps entrepreneurs build the business of their dreams. Our wholesale marketplace connects independent retailers with the best brands on the planet, and powers local retail in both the U.S. and Canada. As a member of our team, you have unwavering respect for the small businesses in our growing community, and work every single day to build accessible solutions for the incredible customers powering our two-sided marketplace. You'll wake up knowing that your work matters, and that real, hard-working people - business owners, dreamers, risk-takers and creators - directly benefit from that work every single day. We're backed by Y Combinator, Kleiner Perkins, and Foundation Capital, and we're thrilled to meet you.