Senior Front-End Engineer at Bulletin
About the role
Bulletin helps entrepreneurs build the business of their dreams. Our wholesale marketplace connects independent retailers with the best brands on the planet, and powers local retail in both the U.S. and Canada. As a member of our team, you'll posses unwavering support and respect for the small businesses in our growing community, and work every single day to build accessible solutions for the incredible customers powering our two-sided marketplace.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer. The team at Bulletin is small and highly collaborative, and we want someone who is excited to join us in solving real business problems. We’re constantly learning ways to make the business even better, so we need someone comfortable with iterative development and (sometimes) loosely defined requirements. As one of our first engineering hires, you will have a chance to shape both the products we build and the engineering culture, as well as have a lasting impact on the entire business. Our growth will go hand in hand with your success.
- You are passionate about supporting thousands of small businesses and building a platform that they’ll use every single day. You will make an impact on people’s real lives and real businesses, building technology that directly puts more money in their pockets and helps them grow their businesses.
- You value transparency, collaboration and teamwork.
- You encourage diversity, inclusivity and kindness in the workplace.
- You are a clear and strong communicator and can work cross-functionally across multiple teams.
- You enjoy problem-solving and use it as an opportunity for growth and career development.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, iterative work environment.
- You show empathy for both colleagues and users.
- 5+ years of experience in a Frontend Engineer role
- An eye for product design and interactivity
- Experience consuming and working with RESTful API’s
- Expertise in HTML & CSS, with a knack for layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Production experience with e-commerce / 2-sided marketplace experience would be ideal
- Experience using GraphQL (ideal but not mandatory)
- Experience using AWS (ideal but not mandatory)
Why you should join Bulletin
Bulletin helps entrepreneurs build the business of their dreams. Our wholesale marketplace connects independent retailers with the best brands on the planet, and powers local retail in both the U.S. and Canada. As a member of our team, you have unwavering respect for the small businesses in our growing community, and work every single day to build accessible solutions for the incredible customers powering our two-sided marketplace. You'll wake up knowing that your work matters, and that real, hard-working people - business owners, dreamers, risk-takers and creators - directly benefit from that work every single day. We're backed by Y Combinator, Kleiner Perkins, and Foundation Capital, and we're thrilled to meet you.