Digital Marketing Associate at Bulletin
About the role
Bulletin empowers entrepreneurs to build the business of their dreams. Bulletin’s wholesale marketplace connects independent retailers with the best brands on the planet, and powers local retail in both the U.S. and Canada.
While it's never been easier to start a consumer brand, thanks to platforms like Etsy and Shopify, breaking into wholesale is still a cumbersome and expensive process for brands, especially with trade shows being closed throughout the pandemic. Our platform makes it easy and affordable for these brands to expand into wholesale and start selling their wares with online or brick-and-mortar retailers around the United States and Canada. Bulletin primarily works with independent retailers like boutiques, spas, wellness centers, bookstores, cafes, small grocers and more. These retailers can seamlessly transact with over 1,300 brands and shop our marketplace with Net-60 terms, which helps them with cash flow and budgeting. Meanwhile, Bulletin pays brands upon inventory shipment, which means they can focus on producing and perfecting their inventory, rather than chasing down unpaid invoices from retailer partners. Our financial terms are a win-win for both parties and have helped us hit 30% month over month growth since Q1 of 2020.
Bulletin is looking for an energetic, hungry, dedicated Digital Marketing Associate to support our Marketing and Social team. In this role, you will help promote, market and elevate the thousands of brands in our community, use Instagram, email marketing and newsletter communications to share Bulletin’s value props and success stories, and strategize creative, thoughtful marketing campaigns and tactics that grow our community and generate more sales for our current brand partners.
Bulletin’s focus on quality over quantity, our community resources, our investment in thoughtful merchandising and site curation, and our fair commission structure is what sets us apart. In this role, you’ll tell Bulletin’s story, and success stories from brands on our marketplace, to further cement this positioning and grow the business. You will report directly to our Director of Marketing and Merchandising, and work collaboratively with our Director of Growth as well as our Co-founder/COO.
This role offers a unique opportunity to reinvigorate the company’s marketing strategy, think strategically about our content and messaging, and build foundational marketing and cross-functional skills that will help power the rest of your career. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in building and running a robust marketing strategy across multiple channels, experience working collaboratively on a high-performance, revenue-driven marketing team, and a hunger to consistently deliver compelling, thoughtful, effective content across email and social. Candidate must have the energy and grit necessary to succeed at a fast-paced, high-growth, early-stage company.
- Working closely with our Director of Merchandising and Marketing to ideate, plan and execute email marketing campaigns, weekly community emails, and product emails.
- Manage the entire email marketing and Instagram content calendars, and make adjustments as needed.
- Production of all email campaigns using existing email templates, loading them into Hubspot, setting up, testing, targeting and scheduling all emails.
- Recommend and execute digital campaigns that integrate into the overall Marketing calendar.
- Assort email campaigns based on marketing brand guidelines. Ensure the right brands are being exposed in the appropriate campaigns and brand feature log is maintained and up-to-date.
- Fully owning marketing campaign analysis, extracting reports from Hubspot and Salesforce, drawing conclusions and making actionable recommendations for future campaigns, and launching design and copy tests on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Evaluating trends in the retail industry and making appropriate recommendations to keep marketing emails maximally relevant and engaging at all times.
- Working closely with our Director of Merchandising and Marketing, Head of Brand Growth and Head of Retailer Growth to ideate, launch and measure Instagram content and campaigns that drive more brand and retailer sign-ups, and generate more revenue for our brand community.
- Bulletin’s go-to copywriter for social media, email, and site content.
- Owning, publishing and measuring all Instagram story and grid content creation.
- Owning, implementing and measuring a revised social strategy to launch ASAP, with guidance from Bulletin’s Co-founder and COO, Director of Merchandising and Marketing, and Director of Brand Growth.
- Manage, grow and communicate with our brand and retailer community. This includes replying to comments and DMs, proactively liking and commenting on posts from our community, and following relevant brand and retailer leads on Instagram.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in marketing, content creation, copywriting and social media management.
- You’re an enthusiastic, talented and recognized content creator.
- You have a background in graphic design and are familiar with Figma
- You’re creative, but business-minded. You understand and appreciate larger company objectives and are able to proactively strategize content that aligns with said objectives.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience in brand positioning, messaging, and narratives
- You are data and process oriented.
- You have prior experience measuring and optimizing social media campaigns, email marketing open rates, conversion rates, and are obsessed with iteration.
- You care about our brand customers and helping small businesses grow.
- You’re excited about the future of retail and think strategically about where the industry is headed.
- You’re an expert multi-tasker and manage your time effectively.
- You are organized and detail-oriented. If asked to pull data or a report on the spot, you’re organized and proactive and can get it done.
- You are familiar with social media management tools like Planoly, CoSchedule, Buffer, Canva, and have a platform of choice, or a preferred marketing and social media “tech stack.”
- You’re an eager student and take initiative. You learn for the sake of learning and are a total self-starter.
- Knowledge of Mixpanel, Hubspot, and Salesforce is a plus.
- You’re excited to grow within the company, add value, think outside the box and contribute to our rapid growth.
Why you should join Bulletin
Bulletin helps entrepreneurs build the business of their dreams. Our wholesale marketplace connects independent retailers with the best brands on the planet, and powers local retail in both the U.S. and Canada. As a member of our team, you have unwavering respect for the small businesses in our growing community, and work every single day to build accessible solutions for the incredible customers powering our two-sided marketplace. You'll wake up knowing that your work matters, and that real, hard-working people - business owners, dreamers, risk-takers and creators - directly benefit from that work every single day. We're backed by Y Combinator, Kleiner Perkins, and Foundation Capital, and we're thrilled to meet you.