Electrician and Instrumentation Technician will be responsible to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Install controllers, sensors and other controlling and sensing gadgets.
- Perform maintenance activities on the electrical equipment to avoid equipment breakdowns.
- 2+ yrs relevant experience.
- Proven experience as an electrician and instrumentation.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking about preventive action planning and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight.
- Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician.