We are looking for a Procurement Lead to join our Operations team. In this role, you will create, manage and optimize Supply Chain processes, largely focusing on the procurement of ingredients, packaging materials, real estate, and equipment at large for our network of cloud kitchens. Your scope will not be limited to the operational side of things but you would also be involved in finding optimum and cost effective Tech and marketing solutions for our Tech and Growth Business. You will work closely together with all the functions at Byte to understand and provide best value options for different sourcing needs. You will work form partnerships and relationships with both vendors and supply chain manager to ensure operational reliability and no stock outs. If you’re passionate about building a cost effective agile Supply Chain from scratch at an early stage startup, let’s talk!
- Plan and implement the overall sourcing strategy in line with company vision growth plans
- Create, run and optimize sourcing processes at favorable cash effective terms
- Lead continuous improvement and automation initiatives to help the company grow rapidly
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms and ensure procurement reliability
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Predict unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers, delivery times, and potential future development
- You will be the face of the company to all our Vendors and external partners.
- Act as a steward of the company and generate competitive savings for the company in a compliant manner.
Skills and Experience
Ideal candidate will have these experiences:
- 1-2 years Supply Chain operations experience in F&B production or Restaurants chains. At least 1 year experience in hands on Inventory Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain management, logistics, or engineering a plus
- Demonstrable experience leading excellent negotiating skills and comfort with navigating through uncertainty
- Hands on experience handling procurement and inventory for perishable items
- Systems thinking and a demonstrable history of process creation, integration and optimization
- Knack for data-driven decision making and using creative tools to solve complex problems
- Entrepreneurial self-starter: propose ideas rather than needing direction, with a figure-it-out attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects in parallel, often under tight deadlines
If you want to build a ground breaking company with a team on a mission to change the world, let’s talk!