Procurement officers are responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Minimum Bachelors in STEM or Business subjects.
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.