As a Test Engineer at Byte, you will use your knowledge of software development and quality assurance practices to ensure that code developed here is of the highest quality, meets all target requirements, and produces a superior customer experience.
Experience: 2-5 years of manual QA/Testing experience with security, performance, functional and reliability testing
- Writing test plans for new product features, designing and implementing automated tests using Selenium and
- Qualifications: BS in Computer Science or similar degree
- Executing test plans, reporting software bugs, reproducing problems reported by customers, and verifying software bug fixes from development
- The candidate must be an extremely bright, articulate, and accomplished problem solver, capable of troubleshooting complex software application problems
- They must be able to provide both preventive actions to avoid similar future problems, and to suggest innovative workarounds in order to resolve existing problems
- Experience of testing web-based and native mobile applications in a high-availability, high performance, large scale environment
- Usability and accessibility testing experience
- Experience with automated regression testing will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Strong sense of ownership and customer satisfaction
- Ability to deal with ambiguity as well as complexity
- Ability to continuously identify areas of improvement for yourself and your team
- Mentoring skills across cross-functional teams
Good to have
- Excellent understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Solid experience with a variety of test automation tools to improve test coverage and effectiveness.
- Scripting skills preferably on Unix/Linux platforms.