Operations Manager, Tutor Community at Cambly
About the role
Billions of people around the world are learning English to unlock economic opportunity for themselves and their families. Cambly gives those English learners on-demand access to native English speaking tutors to help them reach their full potential!
We’re growing fast and looking for an experienced Operations Manager to help manage and scale our tutor-side marketing and community initiatives at Cambly. We’re looking for someone who loves project management, and is excited to “roll up their sleeves”, and excited to work closely with our tutors, our tutor support, quality control, and happiness teams. This is an impactful role that will help define the Cambly brand and support tens of thousands of English tutors. We have a global team, so you should be excited about working with contractors and tutors all over the world.
- Manage and scale tutor-side communication and marketing programs, such as Email Marketing, Content Marketing (Youtube, Blog, Newsletter), Ambassador Program, Referral Program, Help Center, etc
- Develop and drive new tutor initiatives to help us attract high quality tutor applicants, and to engage, elevate and retain our current tutors
- Understand the "voice of the tutor" by managing and synthesizing feedback from the our tutor community, feedback surveys, focus groups, etc
- Hire, train, manage and lead new tutor operations contractors as needed to support our growing tutor community
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including student support team to improve common support processes and policies
- 5+ years of marketing, community, or/and project/program management experience at both small and large tech companies
- The right person will thrive in an "roll up your sleeves" environment, embrace change and ambiguity, and loves program management and building new processes/programs
- Data-driven and analytical when making decisions with great business acumen
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, leveraging high social awareness and interpersonal skills
- Insatiable curiosity and an orientation to growth and learning
- Bachelor's degree
- Free lunch daily
- Commuter or WFH benefit
- Ability to help define and own new operational processes that will help the effectiveness and happiness of thousands of tutors around the world
Why you should join Cambly
Change the future of education at Cambly.
English learners can now access seemingly unlimited free content and software for learning vocabulary and grammar. As with any subject, it’s also important to complement that learning with practice to exercise those new skills. For language education, that means having actual conversations with real English speakers.
At Cambly our mission is to provide students with an easy and affordable way to practice and improve their English skills. The Cambly app gives English learners instant 1-on-1 access to friendly native speakers over video chat 24/7. Cambly students speak over 30 languages and live in over 130 countries. English isn’t just a hobby for Cambly students. It’s a critical skill that can change their lives.
We have a small engineering team running a large and rapidly growing business in our SF HQ. We look forward to hearing from you!