Executive Assistant at Cambly
About the role
Cambly is seeking its first Executive Assistant to support our two co-founders, the CEO and President. You will be a strategic partner to our c-suite, working with people across all functions and in many countries! We’re looking for someone who enjoys rolling-up their sleeves, building new processes and has a high attention to detail as well as excellent communication skills. You should thrive in a high-growth, dynamic environment and be excited to carry out a broad scope of responsibilities including proactive schedule management, event coordination, team building and communications.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Proactively manage, assess, and predict the day-to-day needs of our CEO and President to ensure they’re prepared for all meetings and events
- Manage calendars and scheduling via G-suite (e.g., meetings, calls, travel, interviews, presentations, conferences, and events)
- Serve as a liaison between co-founders and internal/external parties, including hosting office visitors
- Assist with booking travel, including airline, hotel booking, and visas
- Compile receipts, file expenses and track reimbursements
- Coordinate logistics for external engagements like podcasts, interviews and assist with presentation/speeches preparation as needed
- Assist and/or own content creation including drafting emails, creating presentations and collecting action-items during meetings
- Assist with team building events, offsites and recognition, and keep a pulse on culture and team morale
- Wear many hats. You're able to balance several tasks at once and can easily pivot as priorities change. We're growing quickly and we are looking for individuals willing to help where it's needed!
You should have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting senior-level executives in an administrative capacity
- A passion for our mission - the idea of empowering people around the world excites you!
- Previous experience in high growth environment strongly preferred - ability to navigate ambiguity and a love for rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong process orientation with an interest in building administrative processes/procedures for the first time
- Excellent organization and resourcefulness; ability to juggle and multi-task, with an acute attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to partner with many different teams and geographies throughout the company
Why you should join Cambly
Change the future of education at Cambly.
English learners can now access seemingly unlimited free content and software for learning vocabulary and grammar. As with any subject, it’s also important to complement that learning with practice to exercise those new skills. For language education, that means having actual conversations with real English speakers.
At Cambly our mission is to provide students with an easy and affordable way to practice and improve their English skills. The Cambly app gives English learners instant 1-on-1 access to friendly native speakers over video chat 24/7. Cambly students speak over 30 languages and live in over 130 countries. English isn’t just a hobby for Cambly students. It’s a critical skill that can change their lives.
We have a small engineering team running a large and rapidly growing business in our SF HQ. We look forward to hearing from you!