Sr. Manager, FP&A at Cambly
About the role
Billions of people around the world are learning English to unlock economic opportunity for themselves and their families. Cambly gives those English learners on-demand access to native English speaking tutors to help them reach their full potential!
We are looking for a highly-driven, scrappy and analytical leader for our Finance team. You will report to the CFO and roll-up your sleeves to help build Cambly's FP&A function from the ground-up.
In this leadership role, you will run our FP&A activities - annual planning, budgeting/forecasting, reporting and variance analyses. You will also partner with leaders across Cambly to understand the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends, evaluate new opportunities and drive profitable growth.
The successful candidate is someone who is a utility player - comfortable with ambiguity, operates with an ownership mindset and is adept at driving decisions across multiple constituents. We seek versatile thinkers who can structure and analyze a variety of business problems and consistently operate with a bias towards action.
Some challenges you'll tackle
- Lead annual planning process, weekly/monthly business reviews and daily financial operations
- Partner closely with cross-functional leads to define KPIs, deeply understand performance, uncover 'nuggets', and drive future decisions
- Evaluate new growth opportunities - e.g., geographic expansion, product categories, marketing channels, etc
- Conduct industry analysis and competitive research to influence mid- to long-term planning
- Effective planning and analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, and accuracy
You should have
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A or Corporate Finance
- Advanced Excel modeling skills; proficiency with SQL and data visualization tools or a willingness to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization, juggle multiple priorities, and drive towards action
- Transparent management style with the ability to build relationships and trust quickly
- Nimble mindset - our business is growing and evolving quickly, you’ll need to too
Why you should join Cambly
Change the future of education at Cambly.
English learners can now access seemingly unlimited free content and software for learning vocabulary and grammar. As with any subject, it’s also important to complement that learning with practice to exercise those new skills. For language education, that means having actual conversations with real English speakers.
At Cambly our mission is to provide students with an easy and affordable way to practice and improve their English skills. The Cambly app gives English learners instant 1-on-1 access to friendly native speakers over video chat 24/7. Cambly students speak over 30 languages and live in over 130 countries. English isn’t just a hobby for Cambly students. It’s a critical skill that can change their lives.
We have a small engineering team running a large and rapidly growing business in our SF HQ. We look forward to hearing from you!