Sr. Data Analyst, Business Operations at Cambly
About the role
Billions of people around the world are learning English to unlock economic opportunity for themselves and their families. Cambly gives those English learners on-demand access to native English speaking tutors to help them reach their full potential!
We are looking for a Sr. Data Analyst, who will be instrumental in building out our reporting and dashboarding capabilities across the business.
To succeed in this role, you’ll operate with an ownership mindset and be quite nimble to evolve our reporting/dashboard needs in-line with our rapidly growing business!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Build and maintain a connected ecosystem of reporting as well as self-service dashboards across multiple different platforms (e.g., BigQuery, Metabase, Google Sheets)
- Prepare KPI reports distributed daily/ weekly/ monthly to all parts of the business
- Build and maintain a ‘Source of Truth’ for business-wide metrics
- Work with key stakeholders to transform data requirements into actionable reports and dashboards
- Partner tightly with engineering to ensure data capture addresses the needs of the business
- Champion data and reporting across the company, using the highest standards of analytical rigor, data integrity and design-minded principles
You should have:
- 3-5 years in a data/reporting role
- High proficiency in writing complex SQL queries and visualizing data through dashboards
- Strong familiarity with a scripting language, preferably Python/R
- Strong familiarity with data warehouse environments (e.g., Presto, BigQuery)
- Ability to balance attention to detail and accuracy with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment
- Nimble mindset - our business is growing and evolving quickly, you’ll need to too
Why you should join Cambly
Change the future of education at Cambly.
English learners can now access seemingly unlimited free content and software for learning vocabulary and grammar. As with any subject, it’s also important to complement that learning with practice to exercise those new skills. For language education, that means having actual conversations with real English speakers.
At Cambly our mission is to provide students with an easy and affordable way to practice and improve their English skills. The Cambly app gives English learners instant 1-on-1 access to friendly native speakers over video chat 24/7. Cambly students speak over 30 languages and live in over 130 countries. English isn’t just a hobby for Cambly students. It’s a critical skill that can change their lives.
We have a small engineering team running a large and rapidly growing business in our SF HQ. We look forward to hearing from you!