Canix is a cannabis ERP software and seed-to-sale platform for cannabis cultivators, manufacturers and distributors. Founded in 2019, the company serves both large commercial operations and standalone single-service operators. We provide a suite of tools for cannabis companies to operate efficiently and increase profit margins while remaining compliant with legislative authorities. With Canix, businesses have complete control over their real-time inventory and sales data.
We're also the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt 2020, check out our winning pitch to learn more about where we're headed in the next few years.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer at Canix, you will join our growing team of 10+ engineers working up and down the stack, and collaborate with our cross-functional team including product management and design. We're looking for engineers who have operated in a fast paced, quality-focused startup environment and are comfortable regularly shipping reliable and highly impactful projects and features.
What You'll Do
- Deliver beautiful and impactful UIs to help our customers accomplish their work as effectively as possible
- Build modular, reusable back-end functionality and data models to power our core features
- Work with gnarly 3rd-party APIs transfer data to and from our backend with a high degree of accuracy and maintainability
- Collaborate with passionate, talented team members including product managers, designers, customer support, and sales
Who You Are
- Impact driven - consistently delivering value through your code and engineering ability
- Adaptable - able to jump into multiple layers of the stack and operate well bringing clarity to ambiguity
- Efficient - regularly evaluating the paths of least lift to achieve project goals
- Quality focused - consistently delivering bug-free code that meets product quality and design quality bars
- People centric - regularly taking the time to get to know our customers and step into their shoes when building including in person meetings and on-sites to get to know our team and customers
- Empathetic - always understanding others' points of view and working to bring together all involved for a positive, productive outcome
- Leadership minded - as an early engineer at Canix, you get the chance to impact the company and engineering team in fundamental ways including helping drive engineering values, culture, and practices
How We Work
- We utilize a collaborative development cycle where engineers are involved in early brainstorming conversations with product and design, drive technical breakdown from completed product specs, estimate the tasks involved in completing the project, collaboratively set timelines from those estimates, own and drive implementing the features in the agreed timeline, deliver work that passes the agreed acceptance criteria, release and monitor the project work, and learn from the observed results to incorporate in the next iteration of the project
- Our development process follows typical agile practices with small adjustments to Canix's particular needs
- We use an async standup bot to communicate status and a Zoom standup 3 times / week to connect with our teammates and discuss any blockers
- We follow a standard 2 week sprint cycle, including backlog refinement, sprint planning, mid-sprint check-in, demos, and retros
We choose technology to find the right balance of productivity, robustness, performance, and maintainability. We like to move fast and be proud of our work. Our stack is:
- ReactJS and TypeScript for our web app front-end
- Cypress for E2E tests
- GraphQL as our API language
- Ruby on Rails for our back-end monolith
- Minitest for back-end tests
- PostgreSQL for data persistence
- Sidekiq for background jobs
- React Native for our Android and iOS mobile apps
- Realm as our mobile DB
What You'll Get from Us
- Teammates who value impact, transparency, collaboration, effectiveness, and kindness
- An opportunity to impact an emerging and expanding industry
- Competitive Base Salary: $120k – $200k
- Equity Range: 0.025% – 0.2%
- Fully remote work environment, with a completely optional San Francisco office
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- PTO: 20 days / year
- Additional benefits including stipends for food, wellness, cell phone, and WiFi
Why Work with Us?
- It's clear that we're building something people want. 1500 facilities across the US and Canada use Canix to run their business, helping them process over $100M USD in direct sales and manage 20M+ plant and inventory items to date.
- Canix is not only establishing the technical foundations of the cannabis industry as it grows, but is continuously working to improve them with every feature that we ship.
- It's early. Your work will be pivotal in forming and growing the team, company and an entire industry from the ground up.
- We have a superb team, across sales, support, engineering, product, and design. We've built teams, started companies, and developed products and infrastructure used by millions of people around the world before embarking on this journey together. Our team hails from Apple, Carta, Vouch, and more.
Canix is on a mission to empower people in the cannabis industry to lead more fulfilling work lives through innovative, mission-critical technology. We are trusted by over 1000 facilities across the US, from cultivation, through distribution and manufacturing. Our work is driving the continued success of cannabis legalization and reform across the country.
Canix is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law, FMLA Employee Rights, and EPPA Protections. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Canix does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Canix employees or any other organization location. Canix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.