Senior Product Designer at Caper
About the role
Apply using link: https://recruiterflow.com/caper/jobs/197
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
Come join our team if...
- 3+ years of work experience as a UX/UI Designer -Completed a bachelor's degree or above, preferable a degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience -Experience working with the entire design lifecycle including user research, UX, visual design, prototyping and user testing
- Experience collaborating with product, engineering and operations teams to shape the product and design
- Excellent fluency in Figma and Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of motion graphics, service design, industrial design, branding, illustration are a plus
You’re ready to:
- Shape the look and feel of the future of shopping
- Create user-centered designs by considering data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities
- Create extremely detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc. based on requirements, technical constraints and communicate them cross functionally
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision
- Highly competitive salary and equity offerings
- Attractive Health Benefits
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
A Portfolio Submission is required. Please have 2-3 projects within your portfolio.
Why you should join Caper
Caper builds intelligent shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to detect and identify items (with cameras mounted in the cart) as they are added to the basket. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is a plug-and-play integration for stores. Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company, with already launched pilots and a rapidly expanding customer base. E-commerce is only 8% of total retail, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped potential.
Caper is currently backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart.
We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for a founding employee who will add to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.