Plug-and-play cashier-less retail powered by computer vision and AI

Project Manager

New York City
Job Type
3+ years
Connect directly with founders of the best YC-funded startups.
Apply to role ›
Ahmed Beshry
Ahmed Beshry

About the role

About Us:

Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market.

Caper is the fastest-growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons, and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% to novel offline retail potential. One of the many reasons Caper is able to innovative world-changing products is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management.


  • Coordinating within projects and teams to make sure all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, schedules, and delivery better results
  • Work closely with stakeholders to provide strategic thinking and balance the needs of all teams in order to reach project goals
  • Constant communication, starting at the early stage of a project, with all key stakeholders to ensure project alignment as well as expectations
  • Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget
  • Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards
  • Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients
  • Help lead the development of new projects based on understanding of our clients’ needs
  • Conducting a post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
  • Working with operations unit to identify and establish ongoing project protocols

Minimum Qualifications:

  • 4+ years of relevant, project management experience in technology companies or in house creative/design/production team
  • Having worked with engineering / product / sales / operations / finance teams
  • Previous experience with hardware products
  • Ability to use different project management platforms, including Jira
  • Previous client facing experience required, this role would also require commuting to client sites out of state

Preferred Qualifications:

  • Highly prefer experience working with complex operations such as opening new stores or launching physical -technology hardware into stores
  • Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
  • Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.

Compensation and Benefits:

  • Highly competitive salary and equity offerings
  • Attractive Health Benefits
  • Unlimited snacks
  • Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)

Please apply using link:

Why you should join Caper

Caper builds intelligent shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to detect and identify items (with cameras mounted in the cart) as they are added to the basket. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is a plug-and-play integration for stores. Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company, with already launched pilots and a rapidly expanding customer base. E-commerce is only 8% of total retail, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped potential. ​

Caper is currently backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart.

We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for a founding employee who will add to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.