Director of Product Marketing - Remote at CaptivateIQ
About the role
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
CaptivateIQ is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team. You will develop a deep understanding of our customers for why they buy CaptivateIQ and leverage these insights to shape the business’s positioning and its future messaging to prospective customers. You will also help prioritize the product roadmap, competitive positioning, buyer personas, sales pitch materials, and marketing campaigns. Defining and driving major feature launches is also a critical part of this role. As the first PMM, this role will lay the foundation for Product Marketing at the company.
- Lead market and competitive assessments by surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product direction, ensure product-market fit, and inform go-to-market plans.
- Define our go-to-market strategy by collaborating with Sales, Product, Marketing, and Partnership teams to create product positioning and launch materials.
- Build product marketing programs and frameworks to promote CaptivateIQ’s products and services, internally and externally, and drive organizational excellence.
- Set a pricing strategy that aligns with our product’s value proposition and customer segments including how we package and promote our various offerings.
- Develop insights based on product usage data, the voice of the customer, campaign effectiveness, and industry trends and translate those insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible results.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in product marketing, user acquisition & growth strategy, or go-to-market strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences (large and small). You are an expert at creating and editing everything from pithy emails to detailed launch plans to researched white papers and more.
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex information into clear, concise messaging for different audiences.
- Experience in high-growth technology companies and/or fast-paced startups – you’re happiest operating without a set playbook.
- Strong cross-functional leader. You have on-the-job experience managing and communicating complex projects with many stakeholders.
- You have experience building technical enablement and training programs & materials.
- You are decisive, agile, and iterative and can easily shift gears between strategy and execution.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Why you should join CaptivateIQ
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.