Head of Finance - Remote at CaptivateIQ
About the role
CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible solution to transform the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization.
As our first dedicated finance hire, this individual will be responsible for bringing our finance function in-house and laying the foundation for our next phase of growth. The Head of Finance will work cross-functionally as an enabler of our business teams, supporting resource allocation and taking ownership of their budgets. You will be adept at developing financial models, introducing greater sophistication and detail to our forecasting and budgeting processes as we grow.
- You will lead financial planning, collaborating across the business to enable you to build the revenue projections and forecasting to facilitate short-, medium- and longer-term business and operational planning.
- Advance the insight and understanding of business KPIs to drive further alignment and accountability across the company.
- Manage and advise on special projects - may include new product or pricing launches.
- Experience working in strategic and operational finance: revenue recognition, budgeting & forecasting, corporate modeling, and capital allocation.
- You've been deep in KPI, goal setting, account management, and know-how to work collaboratively with functional owners, from formal review forums to the informal day to day to help the business thrive.
- Experience building and owning pieces of a finance function at an early-stage company.
- In-depth process orientation with meticulous attention to detail.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Why you should join CaptivateIQ
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.